Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Everything is connected

Deda Supernatural bars report

I know that these bars are discontinued, but I was able to find a pair out on the web. I have been using Deda 215's and Newton's for a while but I was interested in the Supernaturals, as they are supposedly designed to "match with the famous components from Osaka, Japan."

After two rides the jury has spoken...they do allow for a better fit, regarding the hoods and brake/shifter lever reach in general. I was also worried about the look of going from a 26.0 bar to a 31.7 bar, as my head tube on the Legend is 1", but with the Cinelli cork tape in place, all is cool.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsaunders
I know that these bars are discontinued, but I was able to find a pair out on the web. I have been using Deda 215's and Newton's for a while but I was interested in the Supernaturals, as they are supposedly designed to "match with the famous components from Osaka, Japan."

After two rides the jury has spoken...they do allow for a better fit, regarding the hoods and brake/shifter lever reach in general. I was also worried about the look of going from a 26.0 bar to a 31.7 bar, as my head tube on the Legend is 1", but with the Cinelli cork tape in place, all is cool.
Gotta get some handlebra for that legend Rob!

Bob
Old 03-28-2010, 06:26 PM

I have 3 of them. 1 on my Pinarello and 2 in a box that I plan on putting on my Serotta and Santana when I find the time or need.
Like how my hands feel on the hoods compared to the 3T 199 on my Serotta.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:46 PM

I remember looking at these a while ago but never bought them. Why do they discontinue good bars like these? ugh. I guess I'll have to order one and try it out I'm assuming most of you had good experiences with Shimano 10 speed levers, not the 9's?
Old 03-31-2010, 01:03 PM
Everything is connected

added photos...

Last edited by rwsaunders; 12-30-2019 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deechee
I remember looking at these a while ago but never bought them. Why do they discontinue good bars like these? ugh. I guess I'll have to order one and try it out I'm assuming most of you had good experiences with Shimano 10 speed levers, not the 9's?
Better jump fast if you see any. The 2 I got were the last in stock last year at Universal Cycle and others were way up there on price.
I have only tried them with 7800 levers.