Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2009, 09:32 PM

OT: Interesting Jon Stewart, Jim Cramer interaction?

I know it's just stuff on the idiot box, but this time there was only one idiot. That big mouth Cramer would even get in the ring with Stewart was kinda weird. Stewart hammered him like you almost never see in the media.

"It was an astounding half-hour, featuring more trenchant talk of the financial crisis and the responsibility of the networks than you’d find on any news channel, all the more surprising in that it aired on Comedy Central. It demonstrated once again why so many rely on Stewart for their news. Cramer deserves credit simply for showing up. The "Mad Money" host pledged to do a better job; Stewart promised if he would, then he would go back to making funny faces and fart jokes."

http://blog.indecisionforever.com/20...how-interview/

Last edited by eddief; 03-13-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:41 PM

this is what i meant to post

thanks
Old 03-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Too Old and Too Big

sorry state

of America when the best newsman working is a comedian
was the best 1/2 hour of TV in a long time
Old 03-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Byron

I'd also checkout...

Look at Comedy Central's web page for the unedited video of the interview. The show did a good job with the edited version, but had to leave out some equally good footage. I'm curious how MSNBC will respond. I'm not expecting the station to make apologies, but it would be just if there ratings plummeted. Jim Cramer should have been fired when the system failed. He should not be doing commentary on any main stream media.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:09 PM
zoes boondoggle

Jim Cramer appeared on Martha Stewart's show later. When they were rolling out some doughs she told him he should try to think of the dough as Jon Stewart and pound it out harder with the rolling pin and Cramer obliged wholehearted. The whole thing cracked me up but seriously... Although over the top.. I'm with Jon Stewart. CNBC, Cramer and anyone else who gives out advises and tips publicly ought to reconsider their arrogance and perhaps use some doses of humility.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:15 PM
slow, but working on it.

Finally I saw some good coming out of the fawning adulation of our president. I doubt Stewart would have raked Cramer, a fellow dem, over the coals if Cramer hadn't come out against The One's policies the other day.

Anyway, way to Go Stewart!
Old 03-13-2009, 10:20 PM

John Stewart is like Lou Dobbs for the college set. Just a snotty showman who desperately wants his fake news to be taken seriously.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:28 AM

yeah but,

don't you think Stewart has more balls and does it better than Dobbs?
Old 03-14-2009, 06:34 AM

I like John Stewart's show but taking on Cramer was like stealing candy from a baby, shooting fish in a barrel, what have you. That horse is already out of the barn. On the one hand he's telling the truth on the telly like no one else, but we already know Cramer is to finance like Stewart is to news...if Stewart had run this 6-9 months ago it would mean more. IMHO.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:42 AM

I have to admit I am surprised to hear that people thought of CNBC as anything but entertainment.
It's just another semi-reality, infotainment channel with a focus on the markets.
You want actual news that you can use to trade, invest, or otherwise make money with? Watch Bloomberg TV.
Want to be entertained with a market focus? Watch CNBC.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:55 AM
Bike Fitter

Cramer is a Blow Hard, shows that any idiot can make it on TV. John exposed him for what he is, a fool and too bad people may take his advise.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley
Cramer is a Blow Hard, shows that any idiot can make it on TV. John exposed him for what he is, a fool and too bad people may take his advise.
Taking the advice of Cramer and any other media 'pundit' on any subject is liking taking the advice of your broker (or money manager for those stupid enough to have one)..........you get what you deserve. After all, who owns and runs the media other than big-business and the rich (no one, of course).
Old 03-14-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97CSI
Taking the advice of Cramer and any other media 'pundit' on any subject is liking taking the advice of your broker (or money manager for those stupid enough to have one)..........you get what you deserve. After all, who owns and runs the media other than big-business and the rich (no one, of course).
I agree with the part about Cramer, but you put a money manager in the same category? I thank my good fortune every day for the money manager I've known and used since I was a young man. I'm in good financial shape because of him. I wouldn't be anywhere CLOSE to where I am if I'd been trying to make all of those decisions on my own. I'm sure money managers are like anyone - there are good ones and bad ones. But a good one is worth his or her weight in gold. Probably more, literally.

-Ray
Old 03-14-2009, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddief
don't you think Stewart has more balls and does it better than Dobbs?
Martha or Jon?
Old 03-14-2009, 09:49 AM

good question, i was referring jon...

but now that you add Mr Martha to the equation it might be difficult to decide. She's been to prison and even though you might not have entered with balls, never can tell what you'll come out with.