Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-12-2004, 07:36 PM
ace007

My Expensive New Wheels

I can't believe I just spend almost $700 on a set of Campy Eurus Wheels. I could by a new intake and exhaust system for my 04 Cummins Turbo Diesel for that kind of money. I'm so used to my Mavic CPX-12's with 36 steel spokes that the new thin black spokes on the Campys look like they might just splinter if I ran over a small pebble. They sure look cool though. I hope they perform up to their price tag. From what I've read and heard, they certainly will.

I remember when I first started this process I said, "I'll never spend $2000 on a bicycle. Like many others who have travelled this path, I surpassed $2000 within the first week. It has been great fun picking out stuff for the bike. Now if it would just come in so I could ride it. Thanks for all of the help I received on this forum. Especially va rider. This is my first go around with a custom bike and I wanted to make sure I didn't make any mistakes. Just make sure you buy some of my stuff I'm auctioning off on ebay. That will help me pay for this thing.
Old 08-12-2004, 08:06 PM
You still here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace007
I can't believe I just spend almost $700 on a set of Campy Eurus Wheels. ...... Just make sure you buy some of my stuff I'm auctioning off on ebay. That will help me pay for this thing.
Give us a link so we can see what you have!
Old 08-12-2004, 09:14 PM
Hey, watch this!!!!!

NEVER!!!! say never!
Old 08-13-2004, 07:30 AM
needs adult supervision

ace--trust me, this is only the beginning. whatever limits you give yourself -- only $$$ this much for a bike, or only this many bikes -- you'll exceed it.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:46 AM
va rider

Climb nailed it. It seems I always spend more than I plan, too. Then, when I go with something cheaper, like my performance carbon water cages, they don't work and I end up laying out more $$$ later.

The Eurus are sweet wheels, wait till you ride 'em on the new CIII......
Old 08-14-2004, 10:29 AM
caffeine power

$700 for a pair of wheels? That's a bargain. Wait till you're caughing up $700 for a pair of rims like Zipp 303's...which may be me this winter.