Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-02-2007, 07:05 AM
Ape and Essence

Random Happy Riding

I'd like to relate. I've had so many wonderful experiances on the road. Random or chance meetings along the way are some of the most cherished.

Yesterday returning from seven hrs. of riding that included 40+ with the new bike shop ride (SWEEET) I was smartly passed by a couple of guys who looked to be about my age. They were riding two up some and than put their heads down for some fast rotation. I followed and played blind back door for a few miles so that I could see if they wanted me to join and after a while had the chance. Dewds and Dewdettes I had the most marvelous time honkin' along with complete strangers in a tight fast three man paceline you could ever hope for Old guys riding their bikes real pretty dangit. Dats the bizness
Old 07-02-2007, 07:45 PM

I had a random happy riding moment this morning. I was riding my kirk fixie up the mount vernon trail on a gorgeous morning and a dewd pulls up next to me and says "nice bike, is it fixed?" I say, "thanks, fer sher." He says "don't see many fixies on the mount vernon trail, that's a fact." Then he proceeds to tell me that he only rides fixed, can't get enough of it, and he just got back from Ride the Rockies which he did entirely FIXED!!! Luv that... Perfect stranger and he's my new hero....
Old 07-03-2007, 03:36 AM
Slackasaurus Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Tourist
... Then he proceeds to tell me that he only rides fixed, can't get enough of it, and he just got back from Ride the Rockies which he did entirely FIXED!!!
OMFG.