Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-13-2023, 02:00 PM

Hybrid LS Jerseys

As autumn approaches, I'm in the market for a long-sleeve jersey. I'm specifically interested in finding a hybrid jersey that offers versatility for early morning rides or in changing conditions without much bulk.

I've been eyeing the Q365 que jersey, but I'm hesitant due to its high price. Is there anything out there worth considering that you would recommend? Thanks.
Old 09-13-2023, 02:34 PM

The Q36.5 is next level and has a HUGE temperature range. I've gone from 45 to 65 and been happy. Only other thing that comes close is the Assos stuff (RS Spring/Fall top, or older Intermediate) and as nice as they are, the Q36.5 is nicer.

It's definitely a buy once and enjoy for a while piece, and I'll always spring for the nicer colder weather tops as it makes riding just more enjoyable.
Old 09-13-2023, 10:57 PM

For considerably less money, I have two of the Hemp LS jerseys from this guy and really like them. Ridden them from 40s to 70s. Breathe well, great fit. He's easy to work with, too, if you want something slightly different (I added zippered back pockets to both mine).
https://www.pillarheights.com/
Old 09-13-2023, 11:01 PM

I like Castelli Beta Ros & also Endura Pro SL LS both not bulky

Beta Ros is 197gr in Med

Endura is 204 gr in small

So basically same weights as the Q365 que
Old 09-14-2023, 02:35 AM

something made from merino?

i find these to be comfortable ..

https://www.cafeducycliste.com/en_au...rite-navy.html

or .. the Rapha brevet long sleeve merino.
Old 09-14-2023, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caneye View Post
something made from merino?

i find these to be comfortable ..

https://www.cafeducycliste.com/en_au...rite-navy.html

or .. the Rapha brevet long sleeve merino.
I have this jersey and while it's very comfortable to wear and well made I feel like it has a limited range.

Last edited by Dired; 09-14-2023 at 10:23 AM.
Old 09-14-2023, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoti View Post
For considerably less money, I have two of the Hemp LS jerseys from this guy and really like them. Ridden them from 40s to 70s. Breathe well, great fit. He's easy to work with, too, if you want something slightly different (I added zippered back pockets to both mine).
https://www.pillarheights.com/
Thank you for sharing, very cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltwtsculler91 View Post
The Q36.5 is next level and has a HUGE temperature range. I've gone from 45 to 65 and been happy. Only other thing that comes close is the Assos stuff (RS Spring/Fall top, or older Intermediate) and as nice as they are, the Q36.5 is nicer.

It's definitely a buy once and enjoy for a while piece, and I'll always spring for the nicer colder weather tops as it makes riding just more enjoyable.
Thanks for your post. While I have a deep appreciation for my Assos gear, Q takes this to a whole new level.

Last edited by Dired; 09-14-2023 at 06:33 AM.
Old 09-14-2023, 08:56 AM

I'm a big fan of the ANTHM Saltzman jersey for riding in the shoulder seasons.Really well made and has held up through lots of use over the past few years. I like them so much I have 3

https://www.anthmcollective.com/
Old 09-14-2023, 09:20 AM

I like the Velocio Micromodal for edge season. The only downside is it's a pull-over/no zip. But it fits well, the weight is spot-on for late Fall/early Spring or as a winter base, and it does have pockets on the back.

https://velocio.cc/products/mens-mic...o&_ss=e&_v=1.0
Old 09-14-2023, 02:45 PM

I ordered/returned a Q36.5 Hybrid Que several years ago. The wind panels (and bicep pocket?) seemed poorly thought out. Hopefully the design is better now but I can't tell from the website

Wild to me when a manufacturer can give so little information on a high price tag item.

The Air Insulation jacket looks interesting for dipping temps but it's not even shown on their website, so who knows...
Old 09-14-2023, 02:50 PM

I like the 7Mesh Synergy. Well fitted, lots of pockets, and windproof panels are not overdone.

https://7mesh.com/products/mens-synergy-jersey-ls
Old 09-14-2023, 02:51 PM

Last year I was searching for an "almost jacket" garment like this, but I ended up just going back to a thermal jersey + wind vest like I've used for the last 20 years. The idea of reduced bulk is appealing, but man, the prices are bonkers for this stuff, just not worth it for me.

A lot of people on this forum have bigger cycling budgets than me though, so if you're okay with a $300 jersey, have at it.
Old 09-14-2023, 10:07 PM

Good for commuting

I love my Atom SL hoody for commuting. It is very lightweight, versatile, wind resistant and extremely breathable. The core has a very lightweight insulation. Probably not great if you are going full gas but perfect for commuting.
Old 09-15-2023, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO Will View Post
I love my Atom SL hoody for commuting. It is very lightweight, versatile, wind resistant and extremely breathable. The core has a very lightweight insulation. Probably not great if you are going full gas but perfect for commuting.

Going slightly off-topic I guess, but while we’re on the subject, I’ve found the Velocio Alpha jacket exceptional for commuting. It’s incredibly lightweight and effectively reflects heat back to you, all while minimizing condensation.
Old 09-15-2023, 10:56 AM

Going even more slightly off topic. I think polartec Alpha is awesome for commuting. I often pair my Atom SL with a Rab polartec alpha jacket. Lots of versatility.