Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-20-2019, 08:45 PM

Well stocked Campagnolo Dealer?

Does anyone know if Campagnolo still has parts for 10 speed groups? I'm looking to find either a Record or Chorus 10 speed derailleur cage. I don't have a Campy dealer me, and Branford hasn't responded to my email. I'd really prefer something new and want to avoid eBay.

I tried to post a WTB thread in the Paceline Classifieds, but for some reason I was prevented from doing that.

Thanks!
Old 07-20-2019, 08:51 PM

you dont have enough posts. what length cage are you looking for? I have a centaur RD with a stripped limit screw that I keep around for parts.

Has an alloy mid cage
Old 07-20-2019, 11:52 PM

you also might reach out to forum member "oldpotatoe" he has access quite a lot of Campy parts or can point you in the right direction if he doesn't have the part.
most likely his old shop in Boulder.otherwise known as Jim at Vecchio's
Old 07-21-2019, 06:32 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsiSquared View Post
Does anyone know if Campagnolo still has parts for 10 speed groups? I'm looking to find either a Record or Chorus 10 speed derailleur cage. I don't have a Campy dealer me, and Branford hasn't responded to my email. I'd really prefer something new and want to avoid eBay.

I tried to post a WTB thread in the Paceline Classifieds, but for some reason I was prevented from doing that.

Thanks!
Well, considering Record/Chorus 10s went away 10 years ago...a 'well stocked Campag dealer' may not have a cage, new for something a decade+ old.

Do you need the inner or outer cage? I have some in a drawer, carbon mostly and 10s..

Email me and I can send some pix.

cp51errc@gmail.com

Brandford doesn't respond..shocking...(not)...
Old 07-21-2019, 09:33 AM

Branford Bike

I have had luck with these guys ... Branford Bike.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:55 AM

Any shop with a EuroAsia Imports account will be able to get something. Just remember...buy once, cry once.
Old 07-22-2019, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtakeda View Post
you dont have enough posts. what length cage are you looking for? I have a centaur RD with a stripped limit screw that I keep around for parts.

Has an alloy mid cage
I'm looking for either a medium cage (to fit 10speed Record...so I think that means a Record or Chorus cage) or an 11 Spd RD that'll play nicely with 10 speed shifters (Athena? Potenza? Some say yes on the Potenza, while others say no).

I wish I knew why years ago I replaced my 10 speed Record med. cage RD with the short cage flavor.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:34 PM

Quote:
I'm looking for either a medium cage (to fit 10speed Record...so I think that means a Record or Chorus cage) or an 11 Spd RD that'll play nicely with 10 speed shifters (Athena? Potenza? Some say yes on the Potenza, while others say no).

I wish I knew why years ago I replaced my 10 speed Record med. cage RD with the short cage flavor.
Actually, what you can get to play nice is a 9-speed rear derailleur (the newer style that looks exactly like the 10 speed model) and a set of 10-speed pulleys (the lower pulley is marked 9/10 speed, but it's my possibly-inaccurate understanding that the bushings are wider). I've run that setup on a 10-speed Record bike and it works like a charm.

Tom
Old 07-22-2019, 11:50 PM

Quote:

Lame. I literally just sold a mid Cage record on Sunday
Old 07-23-2019, 06:45 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanoTom View Post
Actually, what you can get to play nice is a 9-speed rear derailleur (the newer style that looks exactly like the 10 speed model) and a set of 10-speed pulleys (the lower pulley is marked 9/10 speed, but it's my possibly-inaccurate understanding that the bushings are wider). I've run that setup on a 10-speed Record bike and it works like a charm.

Tom
The 9-10 speed pulleys ARE the same, with the same bushing..it's the cover plates that are different, the 10s ones marked '10s'..BUT if ya get a 9s rear der, no need to change the pulleys..the '9s' ones, with '9s' plates work fine with a 19s chain.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:46 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:

Athena, SR, Record, Chorus 11s all work fine with 10s shifters..Potenza, probably not as well.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:50 AM

Old Potato to the rescue