Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-18-2006, 07:33 PM

Help with CCT bike information from experts!

I'm pretty new on the forum and a fairly new Serotta owner. I really don't have a very good grasp on "where" Serotta came from in terms of the different frames places in the over all development of the companys models. My neighbor, knowing that I have a couple of Serotta's called me today to ask about a Serotta that he was considering....about the only thing he could tell me was the price, size, and that it said Colorado Concept Tubing in script on the top tube....now, I've heard CCT discussed in many threads over the past couple of months but I really didn't know enough about what he was seeing to advise him other than to say "buy it instead of the $800.00 new (2 years in stock!) Trek 1200!" He did but now he wants to know more about exactly what he owns and I'm pretty well lost to try to tell him. Can someone out there try to fill me in a little based only on the information that I have supplied? Oh, it is NOT a lugged frame, that much he knew, too. Thanks in advance, we're waiting.................
Old 11-18-2006, 08:32 PM

CCT refers only to the shape of the tubing used. You need to find out what model the frame is. It should also be on the top tube. If it is not lugged, it is likely a CIII or if it's older a TG. They are nice frames. A CIII is basically the same as a CSi but tig welded instead of lugged. For several years the CSi until recently discontinued was the benchmark of the Serotta line.

Birddog