Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-31-2006, 08:20 PM
Steel fan

OT: Ohio State at Texas. Your pick?

A week and a day from the biggest game of the college football season.

I know that there are a few Austinites here. Any Buckeyes fans?
Old 08-31-2006, 08:46 PM

Is there any question ?

OHIO STATE, of course !!

I am class of '82 now living in San Diego. (Year round riding here!)

We should have won it last year. The big question for Texas is, who will run the show without Vince Young at the helm ?

OSU 28 - Texas 14

Jim
Old 08-31-2006, 08:49 PM
Bike Fitter

BUCKEYE'S

what U nuts they should have beat texas last year
Old 08-31-2006, 10:06 PM
Steel fan

Good to hear from other Buckeyes.

O-H!
Old 08-31-2006, 10:17 PM

Buckeyes.

I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:46 PM

The women are better looking in Texas.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:54 PM
Hook Em Horns

I hope we never schedule tOSU again. I have never been treated so shabbily as I was in Columbus. Nevertheless, I will show the Buckeye fans some hospitality.

I'm going with Texas to win in the stifiling early September heat and humidity.
"The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in essence, is fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling power."
Old 09-01-2006, 12:28 AM
Sriracha is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brons2
I hope we never schedule tOSU again. I have never been treated so shabbily as I was in Columbus.
Columbus is the worst. Every time I went there for tournaments during college I dreaded every aspect of the town... The fans are not only unbelievably inhospitable, they are also destructive (read: any car with any kind of Michigan sticker on it _will_ get vandalized at any kind of sporting event in Columbus).

That said, OSU will probably win, and it will make me happy only because I want them to be undefeated going into the Michigan game; that way, when we beat them (yes, I know that OSU has kicked our asses over the past few years), it will be that much more satisfying. Oh man, I hate OSU so much!

GO BLUE!

Last edited by ThasFACE; 09-01-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:39 AM
Zard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThasFACE
Columbus is the worst. Every time I went there for tournaments during college I dreaded every aspect of the town... The fans are not only unbelievably inhospitable, they are also destructive (read: any car with any kind of Michigan sticker on it _will_ get vandalized at any kind of sporting event in Columbus).

That said, OSU will probably win, and it will make me happy only because I want them to be undefeated going into the Michigan game; that way, when we beat them (yes, I know that OSU has kicked our asses over the past few years), it will be that much more satisfying. Oh man, I hate OSU so much!

GO BLUE!
+1 GO BLUE!
Old 09-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Hook Em Horns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThasFACE
Yep. I'm surprised they weren't flipping cars and setting them on fire after they lost last year.

I have literally never been afraid for my safety like I was last year. And I am a very large person, 6'7", 260 lbs. But they outnumbered me about 10,000 to 1.

My parents and my little sister also came up to Columbus for the game and we were all very afraid. I mean, come on guys. My parents are in their mid-50s. Why the tOSU fans feel it necessary to scream F**K TEXAS! in the faces of my poor old parents is beyond me.

There were a few nice tOSU fans. We parked in a lot that benefitted Special Olympics. Those folks were really nice. We then walked towards a bar called Miani's on High Street. Even at that time of the day, around 11:30 am, people were literally coming out of their houses to shout F**K TEXAS! at us.

The students are the worst of the lot, but they are by no means alone. There were plenty of people who should know better shouting obcenities at us.

I travel to the away games almost always. I lettered for Texas as an offensive tackle, so I'm a pretty hard core fan. I have been to every stadium in the Big 12 and while there are always a few nuts, most people are pretty nice.

Even OU's fans are a cut above tOSU fans, and everyone has heard of our rivalry. We play OU in Dallas every year so to add that stadium to my list I attended a game not involving Texas. I strolled right in wearing full Texas gear. Although I got a few stares, I really had no problems.
"The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in essence, is fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling power."

Last edited by Brons2; 09-01-2006 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:21 AM

Ohio State should take this no sweat, though Texas even sans young is no pushover. Very strong defense.
The line about Texas women is no doubt true.
And although even driving a m car into Ohio (I never capitolize the state or say the name) is living on the edge, really bad behavior is outta line anywhere. After all we are talking about a bunch of 20 year olds, ya can't get too upset win or lose.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:21 AM

Texas

+2 Go Blue!
Old 09-01-2006, 11:33 AM
Hook Em Horns

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffyjoe
And although even driving a m car into Ohio (I never capitolize the state or say the name) is living on the edge, really bad behavior is outta line anywhere. After all we are talking about a bunch of 20 year olds, ya can't get too upset win or lose.
I expect the students to be rowdy. But I encountered poor behavior from all ages and all groups of people. Even out at the Easton Town Center in the suburbs, 2 days before the game!

Win or lose on September 9th, I am secure with the fact that we are better people.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:11 PM
the antiviper

I grew up outside Cleveland, spent the first 18 years of my life in Ohio. Then I went to college, and spent 4 years in Ann Arbor.

GO BLUE (and Texas, too. Effen Buckeyes....)
Old 09-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Steel fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brons2
Win or lose on September 9th, I am secure with the fact that we are better people.
Where's the rolleyes icon?