Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-23-2021, 06:12 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark McM View Post
It's okay to wear a football jersey with Tom Brady's team and number.

It's not okay to wear a Super Bowl Champion ring if you haven't won a Super Bowl. (Unless you're Vladimer Putin, that is.)
Difference is wearing Tom Brady's jersey while watching a game vs RIDING yer bike while wearing an 'award' jersey. Do ya suppose 'normal' guys go out and play basketball wearing a Lebron James jersey? Bet that's pretty rare.

For JR59 right below..shows ya what I know.
As an overweight, 'man of average stature'..B-Ball was never my thing but there ya go..I guess award type clothes is a cycling thing..but not a fan of riding with award jerseys but do what ya want..

Here's a 'story'....I always wondered why fans wore players jerseys but never manager's jerseys. I met a guy who was a pilot for the Rockies, in their leased jet. And he surprised me with a Jim Tracy jersey(manager of the Rockies-2009-2012)..when I asked the same thing. Wore it to a Rockies game after Tracy left and got more than a few, 'the bum' comments..not because I was wearing the jersey but they thought Jim Tracy, 'was a bum'..HA, found it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5057.JPG (34.0 KB, 437 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5056.JPG (35.0 KB, 437 views)

Last edited by oldpotatoe; 01-23-2021 at 06:46 AM.
Old 01-23-2021, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Difference is wearing Tom Brady's jersey while watching a game vs RIDING yer bike while wearing an 'award' jersey. Do ya suppose 'normal' guys go out and play basketball wearing a Lebron James jersey? Bet that's pretty rare.
I’ll take that bet. They do in every sports rec center that I’ve ever been in, and that’s a lot of gyms, seeing as I’ve coached youth for many years. Save your money Peter. This is only a cycling thing. I’m pretty sure, nobody confuses a 5’6 230lb white guy, with LBJ
Old 01-23-2021, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr59 View Post
I’ll take that bet. They do in every sports rec center that I’ve ever been in, and that’s a lot of gyms, seeing as I’ve coached youth for many years. Save your money Peter. This is only a cycling thing. I’m pretty sure, nobody confuses a 5’6 230lb white guy, with LBJ
Reminds me of one of my favorite stories. Years ago, my buddy Randy bought a Sasha Vujevic jersey. He asked me what I thought of it. I told him I thought it was “fair.”

“Whaddya mean fair?” he responded.

“Well, for years, out of shape white guys have been wearing the jerseys of really fit Black guys. No reason a unfit Black dude can’t wear the jersey a athletic white guy.”

He didn’t think it was nearly as funny as I did.