Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-05-2024, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
Serie A is a bit wild this year.

Don't think anyone would have thought Napoli would recover enough to do this well. And Pulisic is apparently the joint leading scorer.
Not me, but I loved the Conte signing. I feared it would take time to adapt to the change in personnel. I was hopeful with the Conte/Lukaku relationship. I knew little of McTominay - wow great energy (tracks back to play d) - thank you Man United.
They did shore up the defense, and Lobotka is the anchor/rock (man wish he was Italian).
Forza Napoli!
Old 10-05-2024, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
Not me, but I loved the Conte signing. I feared it would take time to adapt to the change in personnel. I was hopeful with the Conte/Lukaku relationship. I knew little of McTominay - wow great energy (tracks back to play d) - thank you Man United.
They did shore up the defense, and Lobotka is the anchor/rock (man wish he was Italian).
Forza Napoli!
McTominay is an enigma. Can score goal on late runs into the box, but not very good at doing midfielder things. You are right about energy though. Pesky tenacity sums him up well.

Conte/Lukaku has a good working relationship back at Inter; perhaps he could duplicate the same?
Old 10-06-2024, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Serie A is a bit wild this year.

Don't think anyone would have thought Napoli would recover enough to do this well. And Pulisic is apparently the joint leading scorer.
"Milan suffered a 2-1 loss in Florence on Sunday night, seeing the Tuscans’ keeper David De Gea save two penalty kicks. He denied Theo Hernandez in the first half and Tammy Abraham in the second half.

Milan players decided to change the designated penalty kick taker, given that UMSNT international Pulisic usually shows up from the spot.

Fonseca insists Pulisic must take Milan penalties: ‘Never again’
Fonseca was fuming after the final whistle. He didn’t only complain about referees’ decisions and soft penalty kicks but also raged at his players.

During a press conference attended by Football Italia, Fonseca said: “Of course I am upset [that players changed the penalty kick taker]. Christian [Pulisic] should take penalties. It must never happen again, and I told the players.”
Old 10-08-2024, 10:39 AM

Those Milanese bellends, first Theo, then Timori…

—————

In other news , Ajax and Dutch legend Johan Neeskens passed away a few days ago. The brilliance of Total Football wouldn’t have shone without the steely tenacity exhibited by him. I thought this piece in the Guardian was a nice tribute.
Old 10-09-2024, 04:41 PM

Klopp is back - head of global soccer for Red Bull.
Old 10-09-2024, 05:02 PM

Ooph, there's something unpleasant about this, sorta like a can of lukewarm Red Bull...

I don't think this bodes well if he wishes to become the Head Coach of the German National Team.
Old 10-09-2024, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Ooph, there's something unpleasant about this, sorta like a can of lukewarm Red Bull...

I don't think this bodes well if he wishes to become the Head Coach of the German National Team.
H C of GNT would require work - this new gig sounds pretty cushy:
"advising Red Bull’s teams regarding playing philosophy, transfer strategies, and coaching development".
Old Yesterday, 01:26 AM
Strong Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc1934 View Post
Klopp is back - head of global soccer for Red Bull.
I dont know how much that is true for his time at Pool, but in germany, he is sorts of a posterboy, and liked to present himself as such, for traditional, grassroot football, and RBs football adventure is the empire of evil for the hardcore fanbase.

Didnt age well did it.

At this moment i try do decide who is acting more ridiculous, that group of fans pretending there are still top clubs around where it isnt about commercialization, and power, or those wildly defending their darling Klopp for taking a dump on everything they thought he stood for.
Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM

Oh my, Maggie Thatcher's lads took a helluva beating, at home no less...

At this rate, England is staying in Tier B of the Nations League...