PDA

View Full Version : bike rentals in Mallorca?

d_douglas
09-06-2010, 02:48 PM
This is short notice, BUT....

I am going ot Mallorca on Wednesday for five days and would like to rent a bike. I am open to MTN or Road (in fact, would like to do both!) but I think it is fairly well known for its road riding.

Can anyone recommend a company that is reputable and rents high end bikes? No Serottas, but Specialized or Cannondales, or whatever... just no junk.

I will be staying somewhere near Soller, if that helps. Thanks for any replies...

Darren

93legendti
09-06-2010, 03:06 PM
I rode the Stephen Roche Camp 4 times in Mallorca and they rent Carrera and Stephen Roche bikes. You could try contacting the camp...

Plum Hill
09-08-2010, 07:03 AM
Our group stayed at the Iberostar in east Palma, about three blocks from the beach.
The hotel had a rather large bike rental/shuttle business in the basement. Bike were available in Shimano 105, Ultegra, and Dura Ace levels. I cannot remember the brand of frames, but they were very nice for rentals.
The company also offered daily tours, and even a drop-off service allowing one to ride back to the hotel.

A local bike club had a small shop located on the parking lot of this hotel.

Finally, there was a little streetside cafe in this part of Pama. It was the post-ride hangout for the local cyclists as they finished their daily ride. Very interesting.

Good luck and enjoy the island.

eddief
09-08-2010, 09:17 AM
but if you are at a loss, if you google mallora bicycle rental, you will get a big list.