PDA

View Full Version : RXS pedal noise

Onno
10-11-2009, 10:39 AM
I have a lot of noise coming from my relatively new Time RXS pedals. Both pedals and cleats are less than a season old. What appears to be happening is that there is play between the cleats and pedals, causing an annoying click, and feeling of some looseness on both sides. I loved these pedals when I first put them on, because of the ease of entry/ exit, and that they were solid and quiet. What's causing this play? How do I fix it? Has anybody else had this?

Many thanks,
Onno

false_Aest
10-11-2009, 10:42 AM
lube on pedals/cleats

Onno
10-11-2009, 01:24 PM
I don't think lube will make any difference. It's not a creaking noise, but a clicking noise, which I'm pretty sure is from the metal on the cleat bumping against the metal on the pedal. I can feel the shoe slide back and forth if I really push on it when I'm standing over the bike.

irideti
10-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Lube the metal spring on the pedal and the clicking should go away for a while. I use Whitelightening so the pedals won't become dirt magnet.

false_Aest
10-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Onno,

I had the same thing. I got clicking/creaking and lubed the pedal, cleat and spring.

After a "break-in" period the creaking/clicking went away.

My cleats now show a groove whose shape (I'm guessing) is unique to me. Kind've like how you wear out soles on your shoes.

Onno
10-11-2009, 07:06 PM
I have a groove on the back of the metal bar on my cleats too. I thought this was part of the problem. I'll try the lube though, and see if it works.

Thanks.

blschaefer1
10-12-2009, 09:57 AM
I had a similar problem, then discovered it was actually the closures in the tongue area of the shoes that were causing the creaking - not the pedal or cleat. A little lube, no more creak.