PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Owner's Club????

va rider
09-09-2004, 09:24 AM
What is the conventional wisdom on joining the Serotta owner's club? What makes it attractive to me, is the crash coverage at the $250 level.

If you post, did you join and why or why not? Thanks.

Dekonick
09-09-2004, 09:28 AM
I joined when I got my Hors (just a few months ago) - Same reason you give. I just wanted the crash protection, however I must say the Jersey is nice.

Serotta PETE
09-09-2004, 09:52 AM
I joined for the insurance. Additionally, you get 10% on any accessories from web site and also discount on a refinish.

THere is also a great "open house" every year at the site.

PETE

Larry D
09-09-2004, 10:20 AM
I joined in 2001, originally I thought it was a neat idea. When I received my initation to the Grand Opening of the Saratoga Springs Factory and the first Club get together, I thought this is really nice. I went to the grand opening and met some really great people, all cycling enthusiasts and have made some great friends from it. My wife talked with Kelly and learned she could get a road frame custom built so she could enjoy riding and had a 34cm Colorado III built.

We now have all 3 of our Serottas registered with the club and I do not regret spending any of the monies involved. The crash protection is a nice feature, hopefully I will not need it, as well as the jersey. Also the fact that when we had my wife's frame built it was completed in ~ 4 weeks, as as a Club Member our order was bumped to the head of the list behind other club members who already had orders in.

I woulds recommend to join the club and definitely go the factory for the annual get togethers. Ben and the team at Serotta throw a great party.

:)

CNY rider
09-09-2004, 02:30 PM
I joined when I bought my Legend a month ago. I've got theft coverage with the homeowners policy but I like the crash protection esp. for a titanium frame.

Still eagerly awaiting my jersey!

Kevin
09-09-2004, 06:48 PM
I have been a member for 2 years. The crash protection makes it a no brainer.

Kevin

dbrk
09-09-2004, 06:57 PM
There are nice perks, especially on the repaint/refinish cost which is substantial if you have such inclinations, but aren't most crashes or destructions (as it were) not caused by racing or plain falls covered by insurance like homeowners? Hmmm. It seems to me that most accidents or theft fall under homeowners or car insurances. As for wrecking it all by yer lonesome, me, I take my risks.

dbrk
not sure he wants to belong to any club that would have him...