PDA

View Full Version : crank bro quattro's

Alexi
03-10-2008, 11:42 AM
anyone else riding these? the engagement feels less "clack" then my candies. It kinda worries me

shinomaster
03-10-2008, 11:49 AM
My ti eggs have less snap that my chromoly pair. They are almost too loose.

J.Greene
03-10-2008, 11:49 AM
anyone else riding these? the engagement feels less "clack" then my candies. It kinda worries me

I ride them and I am quite pleased. I ride 3 different crank Bro pedals and don't notice one is any different than another.

JG

BUTCH RIDES
03-10-2008, 12:57 PM
I ride them and I am quite pleased. I ride 3 different crank Bro pedals and don't notice one is any different than another.

JG
+1

J.Greene
03-10-2008, 01:01 PM
+1

I agree with you Bro.

JG

jmeloy
03-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Got 'em on both of my road bikes and like them a bunch.... never have had a "premature release" (from the cleats!).
JAM

MilanoTom
03-10-2008, 01:06 PM

JG

I've been very pleased with Eggbeaters. Is there any real advantage to riding the Quattro or Candy instead of the standard Eggbeater?

Tom

J.Greene
03-10-2008, 01:11 PM
I've been very pleased with Eggbeaters. Is there any real advantage to riding the Quattro or Candy instead of the standard Eggbeater?

Tom

Not to me. My race bike always has the Quattros on it. The other bikes have the egg beaters and I can't tell the difference. My cross bikes uses the Candy.

I bought the Quattro because it came with a slightly different cleat I wanted to try. It fits a road shoe a little better.

JG

chuckred
03-10-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm not wild about the plastic "bracket" thing that goes around the cleat, but otherwise, the pedals seem to work fine. They took a little getting used to to get clipped in, but they're easier to get out of than my Looks are now (probably need new cleats...).

mvanhorn
03-10-2008, 02:04 PM
No problems with mine. I like them a lot.

CNY rider
03-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Are you using the same shoes with both?

My regular Shimano shoes give me a very positive click into my Candies.

My winter Lakes feel much softer going into the pedal. I've also never suffered "premature release" as it were but you definitely don't get the affirmative feeling of snapping in like with the Shimanos. I just assume it has to do with the shape of the bottom of my shoes.

rwsaunders
03-10-2008, 05:32 PM

Tom

Some claim that the platform is more comfortable on longer rides.