PDA

View Full Version : Help please with Moots torque specs

esigall
12-02-2007, 12:44 AM
Although I was able to find the torque specs on Moots' website before, I can no longer locate them. E-mails to Moots have been unanswered (unusual for them based upon what I hear, and my own -- brief -- experience with them).

Any of you out there have the torque specs or a bookmark to the page?

BTW, great forum -- the best I know -- I'm relatively new to it. Appreciate greatly all the advice and the time people spend sharing their knowledge and experience.

SoCalSteve
12-02-2007, 10:53 AM
Although I was able to find the torque specs on Moots' website before, I can no longer locate them. E-mails to Moots have been unanswered (unusual for them based upon what I hear, and my own -- brief -- experience with them).

Any of you out there have the torque specs or a bookmark to the page?

BTW, great forum -- the best I know -- I'm relatively new to it. Appreciate greatly all the advice and the time people spend sharing their knowledge and experience.

Torque specs for what part of the frame? The only bolts on their frames are seatpost and water bottle cages.

Call Amy at Moots, she will answer all of your questions (and then some).

Good luck!

Steve

Dave
12-02-2007, 11:08 AM
As already stated, what's to torque other than the seatpost clamp? A typical torque for an M5 bolt would be 5-7Nm. I always encourage people to learn what this small torque range feels like, using a short-handled or 4-5-6 Y-style wrench. You need to be able to make adjustments to the seatpost clamp and stem on the road where no torque wrench is available.

I've never used a torque wrench on any M5 or M6 bolt myself.