PDA

View Full Version : Speedvagen Road Thread

flux
11-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Who has info regarding the Speedvagen Road's?

Pictures?

Orders?

Specs?

Ginger
11-30-2007, 09:56 AM
I dunno, but if you click at the "to Serotta.com" you could probably get specs on a Serotta or two.

:)

flux
11-30-2007, 10:02 AM
I dunno, but if you click at the "to Serotta.com" you could probably get specs on a Serotta or two.

Ginger,

Can I borrow $8,395 for a Meivici f-and-f? I'll pay you back... promise.

Too Tall
11-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Ginger,

http://www.speedvagen.com/

Not ready for primetime but do send a letter.

swoop
11-30-2007, 10:13 AM
i know. dying over here.

jpw
11-30-2007, 10:16 AM
How does that rear brake cable routing work? Isn't the cable just going to 'saw' a deep slot in the back of the seat tube over time?

flux
11-30-2007, 10:18 AM
How does that rear brake cable routing work? Isn't the cable just going to 'saw' a deep slot in the back of the seat tube over time?

Looks like that (teflon?) sleeve addresses that issue.

J.Greene
11-30-2007, 10:44 AM

It just needs to last a few seasons right? It's a race machine atmo.

JG

jpw
11-30-2007, 10:57 AM
It just needs to last a few seasons right? It's a race machine atmo.

JG

OK, but it would be nice if it didn't commit hari kiri/ seppuku along the way. The design seems flawed. Surely a thousand designers before have briefly considered this solution and then thought better of it.

J.Greene
11-30-2007, 11:29 AM
OK, but it would be nice if it didn't commit hari kiri/ seppuku along the way. The design seems flawed. Surely a thousand designers before have briefly considered this solution and then thought better of it.

A smart guy like Sacha has taken care of things I'm sure. And I'm sure it's a lifetime bike also.

BUT........what is the big deal? Everything else in cycling is close to disposable these days.

JG

Too Tall
11-30-2007, 11:34 AM
I think there is a Stainless insert. Mine is smooth like buttah. When I saw that design in preliminary photos there were similar concerns but hey remember who you are dealing with :)

Mshue
11-30-2007, 11:43 AM

I believe this precise topic came up on the RBR boards a while ago. If I recall correctly, Sacha responded there to a poster who raised this exact concern. According to Sacha, the cable runs through a stainless steel tube inside the frame as TT has noted. Further, the stainless steel tube is shaped to mimic the line the cable wants to take, which eliminates any bends or sharp curves.

labratmatt
11-30-2007, 12:06 PM

swoop
11-30-2007, 12:06 PM
i have to believe that mr white is one of the most meticulous pervers of detail out there.... and i'd just as happily let him make a frame as do brain surgery on me, atmo.

every bike i've seen has been a collection of tiny amazing decisions. there' s probably something in the cable guide that makes you smell good and makes you a slightly better person.

atmo.

david
11-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Who has info regarding the Speedvagen Road's?

Pictures?

Orders?

Specs?

i spoke to them about two weeks ago regarding the road version.

if i remember correctly, they said they have a schedule of at least two runs for speevagens next year. one for road, one for cross.

at this time, they're pretty casual about the ordering process, not really ready to take deposits. i think they're making a list of interested folks and they'll send out an email notification when they're ready to take orders.

just give them a call or email.

good luck.

pdxmech13
11-30-2007, 03:25 PM
makes you smell good

hmmmm....new bike smell

Too Tall
11-30-2007, 04:08 PM
i have to believe that mr white is one of the most meticulous pervers of detail out there.... and i'd just as happily let him make a frame as do brain surgery on me, atmo.

every bike i've seen has been a collection of tiny amazing decisions. there' s probably something in the cable guide that makes you smell good and makes you a slightly better person.

atmo.
It smells like happiness, if you were askin' ;)

lavi
03-07-2008, 05:19 PM
I visited with Sacha two weeks ago and dropped off my deposit. Fitting is near the end of March, I think. Delivery will be near the end of June.

I was informed that I filled spot 15 out of 15. Just in the nick of time. :beer:

DarrenCT
03-07-2008, 07:43 PM
i was s. vagen customer #1

ok time for a beermo

coylifut
03-07-2008, 07:49 PM

ok time for a beermo

I plan on being #1 for the Track Vagen.

shinomaster
03-07-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm number one for the Girlvagen.

Erik.Lazdins
03-07-2008, 08:04 PM

ok time for a beermo

Road or 'Cross?

:beer:

DarrenCT
03-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Road or 'Cross?

:beer:

Roadie

Erik.Lazdins
03-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Roadie

I'm still trying to get over the chocolate Kirk - congrats! - E

soulspinner
03-08-2008, 06:30 AM
Ginger,

Wait, you still need the fork painted, more $

zank
03-08-2008, 07:32 AM
yo flux, I saw one at NAHBS. Pure road race machine. I would get in line.