PDA

View Full Version : I hope Serotta West is OK!

BumbleBeeDave
10-23-2007, 02:09 PM
today's AP wire has photos of homes burning near Poway, Ca. I hope Serotta West is OK! Does carbon fiber burn? :eek:

BBD

SWorks4me
10-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Does carbon fiber burn? :eek:

BBD

yep...it snaps, crackles, and pops!

I echo BBD's sentiments...I hope everyone is safe and sound.

Keith A
10-23-2007, 02:14 PM
I'm with you Dave, I hope you guys are doing okay out there (Jack, Tom, and Bob to name a few). I spoke to a friend last night who lives in Thousand Oaks and they are alright, but there were ashes falling around him as he spoke on the phone. He also said there was no way you could ride in these conditions.

Blastinbob
10-23-2007, 06:47 PM
It would have to burn through thousands and thousands of homes to reach me. Jack , as you know, is a different story.
The skies are dark and there is ash falling from all directions. I'm probly 30 miles from the nearest fire in OC. But the hills are burning in every direction.

Keith A
10-23-2007, 06:52 PM
Bob -- Thanks for checking in with us. I do know that Jack and my friend Steve are close to some areas that could burn.

coylifut
10-23-2007, 06:59 PM
how about so-cal steve. haven't seen a post in a while. i hope the winds die down soon. god bless and take care.

Fixed
10-23-2007, 07:02 PM
swoop too

Ray
10-23-2007, 07:06 PM
He's down in San Diego and that whole town seems to be in the path. Ken, you OK?

-Ray

Jeff N.
10-23-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm OK, but I'll tell you this...there's a whole lotta folks that're pretty freakin' far from OK, man. I know folks that've lost it all. Total devastation. Homes burnt to the freakin' ground, man. In the area I'm in (San Carlos) the wind is calm. Hardly any at all. Uncanny, like there's a dome over the area or something. Not so, northeast of here. It's messed up, man. And it ain't over yet. Lots of folks who're gonna go back "home" to a pile of smoldering ashes that used to be their crib. It's brings-tears-to-your-eyes bad. Jeff N.

Keith A
10-23-2007, 07:24 PM
I've never had my home threatened by fires, but I do feel your pain having lived through several hurricanes. It's not a very fun feeling driving back into your neighborhood seeing houses partially and fully destroyed...and not knowing what happened to your own home. My thoughts and prayers go out to you guys.

mjb266
10-23-2007, 09:41 PM
*****...if someone needs it, leave the bike. I'll ship a frame and some parts out to get you through so long as you are okay. Run while you can and ride another day

I've got a 58cm cross frame/fork just sitting

Ken Robb
10-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Thanks, I'm fine but know many who are not. Check my other posts.

Dekonick
10-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Be careful guys - wildfires like you get are a tricky lot. I sure hope they get the bugger who started it all.

:(

:crap:

Jeff N.
10-23-2007, 10:21 PM
Be careful guys - wildfires like you get are a tricky lot. I sure hope they get the bugger who started it all.

:(

:crap:I'm hearing, here in San Diego anyway, that the fire(s) started as a result of downed power lines caused by gusting Santa Ana winds. But that's just heresay. Jeff N.

Tom Byrnes
10-24-2007, 01:19 AM
Keith and others,

Thanks for the concern.

I am fine. Like BlastinBob, I am several miles away from the fires. So Cal Steve lives nearby and should be fine, also. So far, there are no fires in L.A. At this time, Jack's house does not seem to be in danger. The fires are several miles from his house. Relatively speaking, I think the fires in Orange County are closer to Mavic1010's house than they are to any of the rest of us. But, I think he should be fine, also. We're all city folks and the fires should not get too close to any of us. But, the fires certainly have been devastating to many others.

Thanks again for the concern.

Tom

Johny
10-24-2007, 05:08 AM
Keith and others,

Thanks for the concern.

I am fine. Like BlastinBob, I am several miles away from the fires. So Cal Steve lives nearby and should be fine, also. So far, there are no fires in L.A. At this time, Jack's house does not seem to be in danger. The fires are several miles from his house. Relatively speaking, I think the fires in Orange County are closer to Mavic1010's house than they are to any of the rest of us. But, I think he should be fine, also. We're all city folks and the fires should not get too close to any of us. But, the fires certainly have been devastating to many others.

Thanks again for the concern.

Tom

Thanks for the update Tom. God bless.

John

Too Tall
10-24-2007, 05:50 AM
Good grief this is upsetting. Good luck to all. Looks like higher humidity and lower winds by the weekend...fingers crossed.

News reports say close to one million folks re-located.