PDA

View Full Version : vacation transportation

Ti Designs
08-30-2007, 09:21 AM
My girlfriend and I are heading to Acadia Maine for a week. Being a couple of cycling nuts, we're gonna park the car and use the tandems to get around. The red Co-Motion Robusta is Miniera, our new road rocket. The purple and black Ritchey Skyliner is Temper, my old touring/mountain tandem decked out with panniers and big, fat tires.

Life is good.

Fixed
08-30-2007, 09:24 AM
cool bro
i guess we want have your great sense of humor next week .. have fun
cheers

davids
08-30-2007, 09:55 AM
If red is fast, what's purple & black?

Have a great time - now that I finally spent a day up there, I can give you one suggestion - Eat and drink at Jack Russell's, across from the College of the Atlantic. Very good food, and some of the best beer I've had in a long time.

J.Greene
08-30-2007, 10:03 AM
Bike is the best way to travel.

JG

My girlfriend and I are heading to Acadia Maine for a week. Being a couple of cycling nuts, we're gonna park the car and use the tandems to get around. The red Co-Motion Robusta is Miniera, our new road rocket. The purple and black Ritchey Skyliner is Temper, my old touring/mountain tandem decked out with panniers and big, fat tires.

Life is good.

pdonk
08-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Detail shots of the Ritchey please.

I've only ever driven through that part of Maine, and it sure is nice.

Spinner
08-30-2007, 10:36 AM
with those sleds in acadia. had my co-pilot and multiple singles there over the years. the one way roads through acadia national park are ideal for biking and breathtaking scenery. we have especially enjoyed having lunch upon the giant monoliths that ring the coastline.

mmmm, i can taste the lobsta now.

39cross
08-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Nice! That Ritchey will be a blast to ride on the carriage paths. Acadia was my weekend refuge from UMO, lots of great memories hiking there. There's a nice lobster place in SW Harbor, Beals Lobster Pier, you might want to check it out.

Kevan
08-30-2007, 11:19 AM
udderwise, that park is poi-fect for cycling. I wanna return to do the same.

Keith A
08-30-2007, 11:26 AM
We took the family up there a couple of years ago...what a beautiful place. The hiking was great and the views were spectacular! I didn't have a bike with me, but would have loved to ride the area. Hope you have a great time.