PDA

View Full Version : Sorta OT but not really - small gift idea

SadieKate
08-08-2007, 01:54 PM
A customer rep at a custom jersey company just provided a big favor. He really made my day. I'd like to send him a small gift. Normally, I'd just send some fudge or something but he's on a diet. I'd prefer not to send a gift certificate because that's too much like money.

What can I send him? I know he also cycles. I'm guessing he's late 20s to early 30s. Based on some of our conversations, I'd bet he's a reader so maybe a book? What would you guys like to get as a calorie-free thank you?

itsflantastic
08-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Well, If he' stuck in a cubicle all day (like myself) something cool to liven up his little box. I got some tiny dinosaurs and a little plant. Life is good.

If you know what kinda literature he likes, books are always good too of course.

SadieKate
08-08-2007, 02:08 PM
Dinosaurs? Do they wander around in the plant jungle? :) What about the DVD of the Triplets of Belleville? I've never seen it but I keep swearing I'll just buy it since we like animation. English version or French with subtitles?

itsflantastic
08-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Triplets of Bellville. . . there's a thought. I haven't seen it but everyone I know who has loves it. It's actually sitting unopened in a netflix sleeve on my desk @ home right now. Maybe tonight!?! I'll let you know tomorrow whether to send it or not! :cool:

rpm
08-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Dinosaurs? Do they wander around in the plant jungle? :) What about the DVD of the Triplets of Belleville? I've never seen it but I keep swearing I'll just buy it since we like animation. English version or French with subtitles?

The Triplets DVD is a great idea! It's fun, off kilter, and oh so French. You should at least put it on your Netflix list.

davids
08-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Triplets is a great idea. There's almost no dialog at all - Doesn't matter if it's French or English.

itsflantastic
08-08-2007, 02:17 PM
What if he despises French people and culture?!?

just sayin' :rolleyes:

BURCH
08-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Best gift that I received this year. Well, aside from the bottles of Brunello from my wife...

Bike Chain Bottle openner. Could work?
http://www.uncommongoods.com/item/item.jsp?itemId=10144&gclid=COqwo7DU5o0CFRTGhgodhAJQrQ

dauwhe
08-08-2007, 02:49 PM
What if he despises French people and culture?!?

just sayin' :rolleyes:

It's making fun of the French as much as it makes fun of the Americans...

A very enjoyable movie, methinks...

Dave

SadieKate
08-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Well, that's tacky. I could only find one new version of the French language version of the DVD. Ordered it through Amazon only to find out that you can't include a note with 3rd party orders. So now I need to send a separate note and spoil the surprise.

The rep has a pretty good sense of humor so I think he'll like it. Thanks for the help since I haven't seen the DVD myself.

Now I need to go find a copy for moi!

That bottle opener would be good also for Chimay Blue Label, of course. ;)

Peter P.
08-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Get him a copy of Andy Pruitt's Book.

I bought it, read it, then lent it to a friend. My friend wanted it so bad he bought my copy from me!

I bought another copy and lent it to my friend's brother; he wanted it so bad he bought my copy from me!

I bought a THIRD copy. I lent it to a friend of "friend's brother" above. He put it on the hood of his car and drove home. Book fell off and he lost it before he cracked a page. Now he wants me to buy him a copy as well as pay for my replacement.

Can I sell this book or what?

jel
08-09-2007, 12:00 AM
Triplets is a great idea. Would this be for Mr. Blaine?

swoop
08-09-2007, 12:17 AM
Snoop?

djg
08-09-2007, 06:56 AM
The Triplets DVD is a great idea! It's fun, off kilter, and oh so French. You should at least put it on your Netflix list.

It's been a few years since I've seen it, but it was terrific. I don't remember much dialog at all, but it seems to me that the movie is just so wacky and French that it would be a sort of crime to get a dubbed version.

MilanoTom
08-09-2007, 07:50 AM
"Triplets" is great... but it took me almost a week to get that darned song out of my head.

Cheers.
Tom

SadieKate
08-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Oh, Pruitt's book would be good also. Maybe a better idea if the recipient hates me if the song sticks in his head. :p

jel! Shhhhhhh! :rolleyes: :D