PDA

View Full Version : Landis vs. Armstrong

link
08-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Saturday is the Leadville 100 and Landis is very likely to line up at 6:30 in the preferred rider's corral. There's an open invitation for Armstrong to line up too.

Landis is in town and rode last Saturday's Davis Phinney charity ride around the Copper Triangle.

I've been pre-riding the 100 course over the last couple weeks. Today I rode in the soup from Twin Lakes to Columbine with a buddy. We got to talking about the unlikelihood of Armstrong showing and decided that Landis and the Chicken would make for better competition anyhoo.

Yesterday it hailed hard. It could be an interesting year for teh Leadville 100.

chuckred
08-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Saturday is the Leadville 100 and Landis is very likely to line up at 6:30 in the preferred rider's corral. There's an open invitation for Armstrong to line up too.

Landis is in town and rode last Saturday's Davis Phinney charity ride around the Copper Triangle.

I've been pre-riding the 100 course over the last couple weeks. Today I rode in the soup from Twin Lakes to Columbine with a buddy. We got to talking about the unlikelihood of Armstrong showing and decided that Landis and the Chicken would make for better competition anyhoo.

Yesterday it hailed hard. It could be an interesting year for teh Leadville 100.

Last year the weather report went downhill each day until the race itself...

This year it's supposed to get warmer and drier until the race itself.

Do I believe it? Of course not, but, it's more fun to think about a warm dry 100 than a soggy wet one!

See you there!

gdw
08-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Does anyone need a room in Leadville for Friday and Saturday night? I've reserved one at the Silver King but will probably camp instead. PM me if you or someone you know are interested.

Fixed
08-06-2007, 09:34 PM
2 dopes race one is rich the other is not imho
cheers

Steelhead
08-06-2007, 09:36 PM
AWESOME - would love to back to Leadville. I've been up there and crewed/paced for some trail runners in the trail run 100 miler - but never been to the MTB 100.

And here I was thinking this place was only for the skinny tire set ! Good on ya !

gdw
08-06-2007, 10:06 PM
"And here I was thinking this place was only for the skinny tire set"

There are a number of us here who log quite a few miles off road and at least four forum members will be at Leadville this year.

Too Tall
08-07-2007, 06:39 AM
You got it all wrong man....forget Lance and Landis...it's Lance and Jan THAT'S a show I'd watch.

William
08-07-2007, 06:48 AM
Naw, Neil Stevens and Abdujaperov. Now that would be a fierce match. :beer:

You better check Abdu for testy patches plastered all over his body though....

William

swoop
08-07-2007, 05:51 PM
The word is that Lance will not be attending due to other commitments.

jeffg
08-07-2007, 05:55 PM
The word is that Lance will not be attending due to other commitments.

Lance didn't want to give him the satisfaction