PDA

View Full Version : Interesting NYT Contador Article

keno
07-29-2007, 06:11 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/29/sports/sportsspecial1/29contador.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

keno

PBWrench
07-29-2007, 11:56 AM
There is a place for titanium in the tour.

LegendRider
07-29-2007, 01:24 PM
Please, please, please be clean....

Your_Friend!
07-29-2007, 01:46 PM
There is a place for titanium in the tour.

For Operacion Puerto riders as well!
For he is one of the Astana 5!
Astana 5 Cleared! (http://www.velonews.com/race/int/articles/10588.0.html)

Your_Friend!
07-29-2007, 01:47 PM
Please, please, please be clean....

I bet he is cleaner than Ivory soap!!

Ray
07-29-2007, 05:00 PM
I bet he is cleaner than Ivory soap!!
I wouldn't bet on clean, but I bet he doesn't test positive. Disco just doesn't screw up badly enough to test positive.

-Ray

Elefantino
07-29-2007, 06:02 PM
I wouldn't bet on clean, but I bet he doesn't test positive. Disco just doesn't screw up badly enough to test positive.

-Ray
Cynic.

But I sort of agree with you.

Ray
07-29-2007, 06:18 PM
Cynic.

But I sort of agree with you.
Admittedly cynical. How could you not be in the face of OVERWHELMING evidence? I mean, my goodness gracious, almost everyone who's finished on the podium (even top five?) in the few years up to and including 2005 (excluding Lance) has been excluded for doping, the winner was knocked out last year, not to mention the mess this year. Lance chases down the Italian guy who was testifying and read him the riot act, etc. I've felt for a looooong time that all of the real contenders dope - those who wouldn't were weeded out in the junior leagues. I've made my own peace with it and love the sport regardless, but I'm far more surprised when evidence shows someone riding clean than dirty. For example, several folks here and at the other place seem to think that Cadel is riding clean - I find that MOST disturbing :cool:

Yup, waaaay cynical.

-Ray

PBWrench
07-29-2007, 06:30 PM
One clean old man watching a younger one doing Coke.

Avispa
07-29-2007, 11:35 PM
Nice story... Almost made me cry.... :butt:

But I think I would feel better when I make a bet with someone that sooner rather than later, Contador will get busted! :eek:

A.

Your_Friend!
07-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Nice story... Almost made me cry....

But I think I would feel better when I make a bet with someone that sooner rather than later, Contador will get busted! :eek:

A.

Doping expert levels charges against Contador
A leading German expert in the fight against doping claimed Monday to have evidence indicating that Tour de France winner Alberto Contador had used drugs.

Twenty-four hours after the Spaniard donned the winner's yellow jersey on the Champs Élysées the expert, Werner Franke, described the 24-year-old's victory as "the greatest swindle in sporting history."

Franke bases his claim on documents he says are in his possession from the Spanish police's Operación Puerto inquiry into Eufemiano Fuentes, the doctor said to have masterminded doping programs for athletes. Contador was cleared last year by both Spanish investigators and the UCI.

"The name of this Mr Contador appears on several occasions on the court and police documents," Franke told German television station ZDF. "All of this has been simply concealed and hidden under the carpet whilst the name Contador was erased from the list of suspicious riders."

Franke claimed to have a detailed list of banned products used by Contador which appear in sworn statements following the raid on Fuentes' medical practice.

"He took insulin, HMG-Lepori, a hormone to stimulate the secretion of testosterone and also a product for asthma called TGN - in brief I have before my eyes a protocol for doping," he told ZDF.

"All of this has been covered up, at least in Spain," added Franke.

Contador, who inherited the lead in the Tour de France last week upon Michael Rasmussen's expulsion in a dispute over missed drug tests, denied he'd had any links with Fuentes' drugs program.

Speaking after Saturday's penultimate time-trial in Angouleme about why his name had been linked to Fuentes he told reporters: "I was in the wrong team at the wrong time and somehow my name got among the documents, but the UCI corrected the mistake and now I've got no link to Puerto."

Among the cyclists associated with Fuentes were Jan Ullrich, the former Tour de France winner and former Giro d'Italia winner Ivan Basso.

Oh My!!!

Love,
Your_Friend!

ada@prorider.or
07-30-2007, 01:13 PM
its going to be a warm winter i guess,
well any way its next year we start in warm weather of california with AMGEN tour

swoop
07-30-2007, 01:47 PM
http://www.su13.us/

Wayne77
07-30-2007, 03:44 PM
Guess correctly and win free stuff!!

No.. it's not Phil Collins

mdeeds71
07-30-2007, 06:25 PM
http://www.su13.us/

I saw the point made by the Amgen Jersey...but it seems very similar to the Budweiser Nascar...You could say it is the number one abused beverages in DUI/DWI, and the Miller Lite car has the number two abused drink on it. :D

Actually Amgen is one company that made my moms last days better...so I will support the tdC.

Waldo
07-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Guess correctly and win free stuff!!

No.. it's not Phil Collins

Tammy Thomas. A woman once. As to now, that's anyone's guess.