PDA

View Full Version : Outside Outfitters - ssslllloooowwww

dbnm
12-21-2017, 12:05 PM
I was looking for some road tires and came across this site
http://www.outsideoutfitters.com/default.aspx

They have great prices so I thought I'd give them a shot.

I ordered and paid on December 18.

This morning I received an email with:
"Stage 1 of 2 Completed: Stock has been allocated at the warehouse. In Stage 2 your order will be prepared for delivery. You will receive another, 2nd email with your tracking number."

Not sure when that second email will come.

Anyone ever deal with them?

Vientomas
12-21-2017, 12:14 PM
I've had pretty good luck with them. Much faster than what you are experiencing.

jtbadge
12-21-2017, 12:30 PM
I ordered parts that were shown as 'in stock' a year or two ago, and it took three weeks to get them from St. Louis to Kansas City. Won't buy from them again, but have used their prices for price matching.

parris
12-21-2017, 12:44 PM
I'm actually having the exact same problem with Optics Planet. I ordered a scope on 11-7 which was listed as being in stock. Here it is 12-21 and I'm still waiting...

FlashUNC
12-21-2017, 12:48 PM
The forum has a sponsor who has some good deals on tires and ships pretty quick.

vqdriver
12-21-2017, 12:57 PM
this
The forum has a sponsor who has some good deals on tires and ships pretty quick.

i've shopped from outside outfitters with good experiences. they're fine. tho btd will pricematch anything they stock

dbnm
12-21-2017, 12:59 PM
I tried the sponsor but they did not have the tires in stock and did not know when they will be in stock.

FlashUNC
12-21-2017, 02:21 PM
Sounds like they're both talking to the same distributor and one gave you a straight answer, while the other took your cash and is sitting on it waiting for parts to arrive. My two cents anyways.

ultraman6970
12-21-2017, 02:25 PM
That a store list something doesnt mean that they have the item in stock, and many stores work that way... you buy, the go to the dealer, put the order, the get the order and then they ship to you, sucks? yes it does.

What i do sometimes is ask them if they have the stuff in stock or not, found a few times even with ebay sellers that they listed cr@p they dont have in hand.

OP hope you get your stuff quick.

dbnm
12-21-2017, 02:45 PM
Just received this email:
"Your (2) IRC Formula Pro X-Guard Tubeless tires have shipped from the warehouse and will be routed to you from our distribution center tomorrow, Friday, 12/22. You will receive a separate e-mail with the tracking information. Thanks again for your order and let us know if you have any other questions."

RobJ
12-21-2017, 10:47 PM
Sounds like they're both talking to the same distributor and one gave you a straight answer, while the other took your cash and is sitting on it waiting for parts to arrive. My two cents anyways.

^^ this. I always felt like they just fronted a distributor and didn't really keep anything in physical inventory. I had a painfully slow ordeal with them on the order of 3 weeks to get some simple non-exotic items. Put them on my do-not-buy list.

Hilltopperny
12-22-2017, 05:30 AM
^^ this. I always felt like they just fronted a distributor and didn't really keep anything in physical inventory. I had a painfully slow ordeal with them on the order of 3 weeks to get some simple non-exotic items. Put them on my do-not-buy list.

I've had a similar experience with outside outfitters. Ordered from them twice to see if it was their routine and both orders took weeks to arrive. The items were as described.

dbnm
12-22-2017, 04:36 PM
Just received an email with a USPS tracking number.

peanutgallery
12-22-2017, 10:38 PM
Stung by interwebs....again

good luck

SoCalSteve
12-23-2017, 10:11 AM
Stung by interwebs....again

good luck

Yeah, the horrible inter webs! My god, why would anyone buy anything from that horrible, horrible place???

Oh, btw, do you know who the richest man in the world is? Ummm, he owns a small interweb company called...Amazon. Someone must be buying and not getting stung. I mean, a few people, yeah?

dbnm
12-26-2017, 11:49 PM
The tires arrived today.