PDA

View Full Version : Westminster MD swap meet... sharing table.

ultraman6970
01-04-2017, 11:03 PM
Ok guys, we are like a month away of the Westminster MD swap meet...

Anybody going???

ultraman6970
01-09-2017, 08:00 PM
Ok, we are thinking on taking a small table so wonder if somebody in the area willing to share a table with us??? we are not taking that much stuff to sell because the purpose of the table is to hide the looting and have a place where to freaking seat... and the most important thing... if you have stuff to sell we can help aswell while you move around checking out the chicks :P

Anybody??

kramnnim
01-09-2017, 10:12 PM
How much are the tables?

ultraman6970
01-09-2017, 11:46 PM
The small ones 50 bucks. The nice about being vendor is that you can get in earlier, a lot of stuff going on before the show starts, if you know where to look obviously.

kramnnim
01-09-2017, 11:49 PM
Yeah, there used to be a swap meet in Charlotte and I barely spent any time at my table...just used it as an excuse to get in early.

It's 7 hours from here, but a buddy says he will go with me. Another friend halfway between may also be in.

ultraman6970
01-10-2017, 12:04 AM
Dunno man if you want in and have a table to sleep and leave the loot let me know. 50 for the small table isnt that much but between 4 for example.. it worth it. Last year they sold all the tables like 3 weeks before, was insane, this year no idea what will happen thats why Im asking like with a month in advance.

rounder
01-10-2017, 08:27 PM
I am going but have nothing to sell.

I was there last year and there were more people than I had ever seen there before. You should do well if you set up a table.

ultraman6970
01-10-2017, 10:37 PM
If you want to share a table just let me know to add you.., will add a few bucks but you will be able to get in earlier and have a place to seat when needed, or even drink a beer ;D

kramnnim
01-10-2017, 11:05 PM
I think I'm in, with 2 friends... Is that too many? Happy to share the cost of the table.

ultraman6970
01-11-2017, 12:12 AM
All cool...just PMed you.

OtayBW
01-11-2017, 03:56 AM
How do we recognize you guys (for the beer, of course...)?

rounder
01-11-2017, 11:30 AM
If you want to share a table just let me know to add you.., will add a few bucks but you will be able to get in earlier and have a place to seat when needed, or even drink a beer ;D

I would chip in to help pay for a small table, but I am only planning on being there for a few hours.

ultraman6970
01-11-2017, 01:06 PM
Well if you want to cooperate thats not a problem.

ultraman6970
01-11-2017, 07:57 PM
Officially we have a table. Tables aren't assigned yet, usually is the last week before the show that they see those things.

rounder
01-14-2017, 10:06 AM
If you are relatively close and get cabin fever this time of year, the Westminster bike swap is a good place to go. There will be a ton of new/used bikes, parts, clothes, etc. It is billed as the largest bike swap in the East.

http://stopswapandsave.com/index.html

ultraman6970
01-14-2017, 11:04 AM
The nice about that show IMO is that is at door closed, the building is cold as hell but at least you wont be outside how almost always happens at trexlertown, show I never been at at all, see the rain forecast at the web and I back out, besides is too far for me IMO.

Hit and miss as any swap meet. U can hit the jackpot or you can end up at the end of the day with nothing, I been in both sides of the coin so personally I lose nothing going to check it out. My friend always hit jackpots.

Remember 3 or 4 years ago, a guy showing up with a full pallet of campy UT cranks, price was ok but not super. last year a guy showed up with like 100 NOS NIB campagnolo record parts, he wanted like 15000 bucks, no idea if somebody bought that, but was nice to see it.

Fookie
01-14-2017, 09:23 PM
I don't live too far away from there, so I will be in attendance.

ultraman6970
01-28-2017, 11:19 PM
Hey fookie... I will post the table number as soon as we get it... hope you stop by to buy some of my stuff hehehe ;D

ultraman6970
02-03-2017, 09:20 PM
Ok.. anybody else is going or want to share a table with us?

Tables arent assigned yet just in case.

ultraman6970
02-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Ok... we have two.... we are one week to go. I will let you guys know the table number in case you guys want to stop buy and buy my stuff :P

Fookie
02-05-2017, 10:54 PM
Sounds great! I'll be sure to stop by!

BumbleBeeDave
02-09-2017, 08:35 AM
. . . with a small booth chock full of 30 years worth of cool(?) bike junk--er, I mean valuable parts, mementos, and ephemera. I will be out to make some generous deals, as I definitely want to head home with an empty car!

I will wear my Black Serotta cap for recognition purposes. The full body Bee suit only comes out for special occasions. ;)

BBD

ultraman6970
02-09-2017, 07:55 PM
few days to go... no tables assigned yet... will post the table number as soon as i get it. In case somebody wants in... just send me an email.

OtayBW
02-09-2017, 08:27 PM
I will be there, wearing some kind of clothing....TBD.
I'll see if I can't pick out one or two of you guys (though the full body bee suit would probably help...wait, let me re-think that!).

rounder
02-09-2017, 08:39 PM
. . . with a small booth chock full of 30 years worth of cool(?) bike junk--er, I mean valuable parts, mementos, and ephemera. I will be out to make some generous deals, as I definitely want to head home with an empty car!

I will wear my Black Serotta cap for recognition purposes. The full body Bee suit only comes out for special occasions. ;)

BBD

It will be a special occasion. You should wear the full body suit so we can recognize you and say hi (just kidding).

ultraman6970
02-09-2017, 08:46 PM
Is going to be not cold that day apparently, that is good because might attract more public.

Anybody needs a derosa planet? :D I might be taking it eventought I dont want to :(

cmbicycles
02-09-2017, 09:38 PM
Is going to be not cold that day apparently, that is good because might attract more public.

Anybody needs a derosa planet? :D I might be taking it eventought I dont want to :(
Does this mean I need to find a box for the Fulcrum zeros? ;)

weisan
02-09-2017, 09:49 PM

BBD

BBD pal was kind enough to let me stay at his house while I did D2R2...I have seen some of his junk, and that's probably less than 10% of what he actually have...let me tell you something: forget the other sellers or exhibitors, just bring a big pile of cash, park at his table, and clean him up!
Trust me, everyone who does exactly what I suggest will go home happy. :banana::D

BumbleBeeDave
02-10-2017, 06:10 AM
BBD pal was kind enough to let me stay at his house while I did D2R2...I have seen some of his junk, and that's probably less than 10% of what he actually have...let me tell you something: forget the other sellers or exhibitors, just bring a big pile of cash, park at his table, and clean him up!
Trust me, everyone who does exactly what I suggest will go home happy. :banana::D

. . . is widely known as the only blind cyclist in the Austin metro area. Plus when he came to see me he was pissed because he couldn't find a box big enough to ship home the bridge he bought. ;)

But come by and see me anyway! :banana::banana::banana:

BBD

ultraman6970
02-10-2017, 09:20 AM
Dunno man... is your call :P Have a red bike where those wheels would look sick tho :P

Does this mean I need to find a box for the Fulcrum zeros? ;)

zennmotion
02-10-2017, 09:51 AM
few days to go... no tables assigned yet... will post the table number as soon as i get it. In case somebody wants in... just send me an email.

PMed you. Too much crap in the basement.

looking for table space if there's any left and it's not too late.

ultraman6970
02-11-2017, 12:08 PM
Ok... no tables assigned yet so I will text, email and call the people that will be with us in the table to let you know the details of who's name will be in the table ok?

TTYL guys.

OtayBW
02-11-2017, 02:04 PM
As far as I understand, you will not get a table # assigned until you show up in the morning. See you there....

ultraman6970
02-11-2017, 05:19 PM
It is like that now??? good to now... thanks... well i have the ticket thing printed out.

ultraman6970
02-11-2017, 10:57 PM
Ok time to go to sleep... c-u guys tomorrow. :)

ultraman6970
02-12-2017, 08:10 PM
Hey guys... nice meeting you all.. :) Hey dave I think Im not a large but medium in that brand hehehe :D Maybe I'm shrinking again? :)

I sold what I needed to sell, buy stuff... some little things here and there but not like other years, to me this ones a like a weird event.

rounder
02-13-2017, 01:42 PM
I had a good time there too, and got to meet Ultraman and BB Dave.

I did not buy anything but enjoyed walking around and seeing all of the stuff. For me, the most awesome thing to look at was a 1962 Hetchins with the coronation graphics that was on sale for $6,500. It looked like it had never been ridden.

OtayBW
02-13-2017, 03:25 PM
The Hetchins was nice, but directly across the lane from that was the 55 cm Merckx MXL in Telekom colors. Pretty good shape and with a(n) (older) Chorus group. I struck up a lengthy conversation with the owner who didn't think it would sell. I disabused him of that notion, and it lasted until ~11:00 before getting gone. I was very torn on that one.

The other thing that I regret was the pristine Bianchi track bike that went for cheap. Had I seen that one sooner, it would have been here with me now....

ultraman6970
02-14-2017, 11:35 PM
Man you guys saw a lot of stuff... I got stuck in there trying to sell my derosa, when finally got time to go around it was way too late. I remember that telekom Em, he had been trying to sell that since last year... he was like stuck with a bike he couldnt use, his 1st priority was a trade of frames then to sell it. good he sold it.

Polyglot had a table, but besides stopping to say hi I couldnt check what he got in his table, that usually is really interesting.

zennmotion
02-15-2017, 05:44 AM
Came home with $1300 from mostly random 8/9sp Shimano parts and some old rims, including sale of a vintage Spectrum frameset that I let go at $325 (hey it was on the forum classifieds for quite a while so y'all had your chance). I felt good that it was an older lady who, early in the day said she was short of cash and "had to go" but then came back to the table several hours later to say that she was a collector with over 300 vintage frames and I should feel good that it went to a "good cause". A better cause would have been someone who would actually ride it hard and not throw it into a pile in some barn somewhere. :crap: Next year (I still have a fair amount of crap) my nice guy will be a little more wary.

ultraman6970
02-15-2017, 09:42 AM
U did well with the spectrum, I was hoping to see the hampsten to go too... u did really well man, u had good stuff in the table :) The other tenant left a couple of handlebars over the table, I left my folding chair! :/ remembered just when I was half way home.

I had to let that derosa go aswell... just like yours... nobody wanted it here :/ Hope the dude rides the heck out of it.

What else is still in your basement??? Do you have a list? My friend might be interested you know.

4funbikes
02-16-2017, 07:22 AM
I managed to sell a few of the bits I brought, mostly just to recoup travel costs. Was happy to be there just browsing and buying.

BumbleBeeDave
02-17-2017, 09:42 PM
. . . and best I can remember met Rounder, OtayBW, Zenmotion, and Ultraman. I made more than enough to cover my costs for the weekend and--perhaps best of all--went home with only half of what I brought! Yee-ha! Less junk!

The only downside was that I had to watch my table and so only had a couple of 15 minutes sprints around the building to see what everybody else had. I got a waterproof bike cap and some toe covers from the Spa Sport guy, and that's all! But my buddy Evan got a post-recall (new hub) front ZIPP 303 for only $450. I'm helping him look for a rear 303 to go with it.

Day before on Saturday, Evan and I rode from Veloccino Cafe in Butler through the Countryside to Millstone Cider Mill and back. 22 miles and 55 degrees! That Millstone place is really cool and I would have bought some stuff, but no place to carry it back! Oh, well . . . go back next trip! Maybe I will reach out before coming down and see if I can get a forum ride together.

Very nice to meet some fellow Paceliners and on the whole, a great weekend.

BBD

OtayBW
02-18-2017, 07:42 AM
Day before on Saturday, Evan and I rode from Veloccino Cafe in Butler through the Countryside to Millstone Cider Mill and back. 22 miles and 55 degrees! That Millstone place is really cool and I would have bought some stuff, but no place to carry it back! Oh, well . . . go back next trip! Maybe I will reach out before coming down and see if I can get a forum ride together.C'mon down anytime BBD. I know these roads like the back of my hand and can help put something together.

zennmotion
02-21-2017, 04:16 PM
Recent context on Westminster, I grew up in a similar small town.

FYI, without comment
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/school-pro-diversity-posters-trump_us_58ac87b9e4b0e784faa21446?

pjbaz
02-23-2017, 10:41 AM
My trip taught me this: DO NOT stay at the Boston Inn - it is a dump! There was literally a poo in the toilet when I entered my room. I chose another hotel promptly.

I sold a few rides - 93 Basso Fior DiLoto and 87 Pinarello Treviso, and some misc parts to make the trip worthwhile. I was surprised neither of my 29ers nor my 87 Cannondale Black Lightning sold.

I picked up a sweet pink Trek Crockett, NOS pink King HS for $75, used King HS for $40, 9 speed Ultegra chain for $10 and a few other small bits.

It was totally worth the 5.5 hour drive from CT