PDA

View Full Version : David Kirk in local paper today..

shinomaster
07-17-2006, 07:18 PM
In the Vancouver Washigton paper there was a nice article about our best buddy David Kirk and his bicycles. Did anyone else read this? How did a Washington paper choose to write about Montana bike builder?

David Kirk
07-17-2006, 07:59 PM
That's a wierd one.......the paper came to me to to talk about my involvement in autocross racing (which I'm known for locally). When the reporter found out what I did for a living he changed the focus of the article. I guess he or his editors found the work more interesting than the play.

I'm told the AP picked it up and now I'm global. Small world eh?

Dave

DarkStar
07-17-2006, 08:08 PM
How about a link. :banana:

Ginger
07-17-2006, 08:11 PM

Dave

So much for just being popular on the internet.

Soon you won't talk to us anymore. ;)

pale scotsman
07-17-2006, 08:22 PM
Looky what I found... http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2006/07/09/news/state/60-trad.txt Good on ya Dave.

Ginger
07-17-2006, 08:23 PM
You mean you didn't make that story up just for us? I'm crushed.

And evidently we need to keep an eye on you and dirt at the TDFL...
"Apparently I have a hot bed in St. Louis, Missouri."

:p

Cool story.

So how *are* you doing with the racing? The new car everything you wanted?

swoop
07-17-2006, 08:42 PM
Well done David!!!!!

Blastinbob
07-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Way cool, they even made mention of most of us...... "middle aged"! :beer:

atmo
07-17-2006, 09:19 PM
great attribute atmo -
"He's more traditional than I am," Strong said.
"It's a lot of current technology applied with
the spirit of the past."

H.Frank Beshear
07-17-2006, 09:21 PM
"Apparently I have a hot bed in St. Louis, Missouri."

It's all Jason's fault :D :p . Sweet article Dave. Well done.

FierteTi52
07-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Great article. Nice to see you receive the credit you deserve!
Jeff

Serpico
07-17-2006, 09:46 PM
"Apparently I have a hot bed in St. Louis, Missouri," Kirk said

:beer:

Louis
07-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Congratulations Dave. Well deserved good press.

I see the garden also made it into the story. Guys, for those of you who have not visited Kirk Frameworks in person, Dave's wife Karin has the coolest garden out back. A combination of flowers, sitting area, and vegetables. Dave can take credit for the Rube Goldberg ball-bearing device / toy on which he practiced his brazing...

Louis

Ginger
07-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Yeah...Karin's Conspicuous garden. :) Very observant reporter...not that you could miss the garden...Dave has beautiful surroundings in which to work.

David Kirk
07-17-2006, 10:22 PM
So how *are* you doing with the racing? The new car everything you wanted?

I'm doing quite well thank you. It's been a real learning curve to drive the lil' beast but it's really good fun.

Just yesterday I took fastest time of the day at an event for the first time in it.

Come for a visit and I'll take you for a ride in it....or we can put some blocks on the pedals and you can drive. The drivers seat is fixed in place for my circus freak legs.

Thanks again for asking.

Dave

shoe
07-17-2006, 10:56 PM
wow that picture in the paper is something...is he really that strong in real life. alright just kiddin press is always cool though...now i'll go back and read it...later---dave

Ginger
07-17-2006, 11:04 PM
wow that picture in the paper is something...is he really that strong in real life.

Nah, his steel bikes are that light. :D

(it was begging to be said...)

I get to DRIVE!
Woo hoo!
No blocks required...I'll wear my really tall platforms...gets me about an extra 4"...That and a pillow and I'll be all set.

72gmc
07-18-2006, 12:01 AM
good for you, mr. kirk. you come across very well in that article, as does carl strong.

your rally car is a convertible? i had no idea rally cars could be convertibles. i always picture the old audi quattro coupes... it's my bias towards audis i guess.

Dekonick
07-18-2006, 01:38 AM
Does this mean your wait times will get longer? :crap:

Grats Dave! :beer:

Serotta PETE
07-18-2006, 06:07 AM
That's a wierd one.......the paper came to me to to talk about my involvement in autocross racing (which I'm known for locally). When the reporter found out what I did for a living he changed the focus of the article. I guess he or his editors found the work more interesting than the play.

Dave

Very nice article........PETE

Ginger
07-18-2006, 06:38 AM

I dunno...sounds like he's getting around the course PDQ!

39cross
07-18-2006, 06:56 AM
Way cool, they even made mention of most of us...... "middle aged"! :beer:Quoting the article: "His customer demographic is usually a well-off, middle-aged bicycling enthusiast."

Well, one out of two ain't bad.

I'll have to tell my teens about this, when they hear you can ride bikes and race cars, that will get their interest.

Keith A
07-18-2006, 08:50 AM
wow that picture in the paper is something...is he really that strong in real life.Here's Super D in action...
http://www.billingsgazette.net/content/articles/2006/07/09/news/state/60-trad.jpg

BumbleBeeDave
07-18-2006, 11:32 AM
. . . this is going to help his business. The rear stays on that bike he's holding are BENT! Obviously a defect of some sort . . . :rolleyes:

BBD

SoCalSteve
07-18-2006, 11:58 AM

Glad I got mine before the article! I only had to wait 6 months!!!

Dave, Mazel Tov! I hope this brings you much success...

Steve

dirtdigger88
07-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Thats cool- Dave

congrats-

now about that "bed" in st louis-

Hmmmmmm. . . . . :cool:

Jason

Ginger
07-18-2006, 01:43 PM
I don't think he wants to buy your house Jason...