PDA

View Full Version : Free Rouleur Mag from Rapha? Anyone have theirs yet?

rsl
04-19-2006, 08:34 AM
At the end of January I signed up on the rapha website to get a free copy of their amazing looking magazine Rouleur. I haven't received the magazine yet. I was just wondering if any of you who also took advantage of the offer have received your copy yet?

Thanks.

manet
04-19-2006, 08:43 AM
nope

Ginger
04-19-2006, 08:54 AM
Yeah, I'm contemplating actually paying for a subscription...sort of like the other cool bike mag I saw one copy of...
;)

catulle
04-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Yeah, I'm contemplating actually paying for a subscription...sort of like the other cool bike mag I saw one copy of...
;)

I did get mine but I paid for it. Regarding subscription, I was told that they are only preparing the second issue and they are not ready for subscriptions yet; maybe sometime in the future.

BTW, when you order from Rapha be very mindful of the sizes because some of their garments run very small. Their stuff is great, albeit London prices, but are made for perfectly fit cyclists.

Grant McLean
04-19-2006, 09:16 AM
I did the e-mail sign up thing, and now I get their emails
all the time, but no magazine yet.

-g

Ginger
04-19-2006, 09:17 AM
Speaking of email....this just in.

The second issue of Rouleur is now available.

It has a 'northern classics' flavour, with essays and photographs, interviews with Sean Kelly and Tim Krabbe. There are also features on the Col de Galibier, British racing and opinionated mechanics.

Buy your copy of the magazine from http://rapha.cc/index.php?page=94

RAPHA Performance Roadwear
www.rapha.cc

+44 (0) 20 7485 5000

catulle
04-19-2006, 09:47 AM
Speaking of email....this just in.

The second issue of Rouleur is now available.

It has a 'northern classics' flavour, with essays and photographs, interviews with Sean Kelly and Tim Krabbe. There are also features on the Col de Galibier, British racing and opinionated mechanics.

Buy your copy of the magazine from http://rapha.cc/index.php?page=94

RAPHA Performance Roadwear
www.rapha.cc

+44 (0) 20 7485 5000

Oh, thank you. Just wrote them. I look forward to receiving it soon. Cheers.

zeroking17
04-19-2006, 09:51 AM
At the end of January I signed up on the rapha website to get a free copy of their amazing looking magazine Rouleur. I haven't received the magazine yet. I was just wondering if any of you who also took advantage of the offer have received your copy yet?.

I've not yet received the complimentary copy of the magazine, but I did receive so many emails touting their products that it became a nuisance.

Serpico
04-19-2006, 10:27 AM
I signed up for the free first issue awhile back. Earlier today I got an email announcing the second issue.

I sent a separate email asking them about the first issue (free offer for registering for email adverts), saying I am interested in the new issue--but I would like to see the first before ordering.

Hopefully this will work :)

Moosedryvr
04-19-2006, 10:56 AM
First, no I haven't received mine yet either. Now for the hijack...
Steve H included an old copy of Asphalt magazine when he sent my frame. Wow, what a great magazine! Quality reviews of bikes and stuff and articles about travel, great rides, etc. I've looked up their site on the web and it doesn't show any "recent" issues. Does anyone have any info on whether or not they will be producing new issues or have they unfortunately gone under? A few forumites used to be advertisers, any word?

SPG

Ginger
04-19-2006, 11:10 AM
That would be the other cool mag I was off-hand referring to in my original post.

Subscribe (not to Asphalt). Perhaps they will be able to keep this one going.

I'm suspecting that they had a print run of X on the first issue of the magazine and once those were gone they were waiting for the second to ship out their freebies? Maybe? Just guessing here.

Serpico
04-19-2006, 12:18 PM
bleh--I just got a response to my email to enquries@rapha.cc

mailer-daemon said the email couldn't be delivered because their "inbox is full" and the "response timed out" :crap:

Steve Hampsten
04-19-2006, 02:49 PM
Shawn,

The latest word is that Asphalt Mag is dead.

Dang.

sh

catulle
04-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Shawn,

The latest word is that Asphalt Mag is dead.

Dang.

sh

Sad news. RIP, atmo.

e-RICHIE
04-19-2006, 03:13 PM
i'm likely out of line here, but being the major-league
rapha zine fan that i am i'll add that they wrote today
saying that, though behind on sending out the free copies
requested, all should be sorted out this coming week.

rsl
04-19-2006, 03:29 PM
Good to hear - I can't wait to get my copy. Now, if I could just afford some of their gear...

billrick
04-19-2006, 04:20 PM
I miss Asphalt, but I still favor the Rivendell Reader and Vintage Bicycle Quarterly for some great, home-grown bike 'zines.