PDA

View Full Version : warning fraude

ada@prorider.or
03-31-2006, 04:41 PM
normaly i never do this taliking about my products
but i want to warn any forum members that my wheels
sold ADA are supiciuos of fraude!!!!!!!!!!!

cees

e-RICHIE
03-31-2006, 04:52 PM
normaly i never do this taliking about my products
but i want to warn any forum members that my wheels
sold ADA are supiciuos of fraude!!!!!!!!!!!

cees

it doesn't matter.
if the ADA label is centered, it'll be okay.
most folks don't have a clue.

ergott
03-31-2006, 05:11 PM
Are you talking about these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ADA-LIGHTWEIGHT-CARBON-WHEELS-WHEELSET-X-ZIPP-REYNOLDS_W0QQitemZ7228936636QQcategoryZ58099QQrdZ1 QQcmdZViewItem

William
03-31-2006, 05:11 PM
http://www.ram.mc/wheels/BST/gallery/serial_number.jpg

William
03-31-2006, 05:14 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ADA-LIGHTWEIGHT-CARBON-WHEELS-WHEELSET-X-ZIPP-REYNOLDS_W0QQitemZ7228936636QQcategoryZ58099QQrdZ1 QQcmdZViewItem

Sticker isn't even straight. :rolleyes:

William ;)

ada@prorider.or
03-31-2006, 05:21 PM
Sticker isn't even straight. :rolleyes:

William ;)and its not even a sticker
but hand cut kevlar

ada@prorider.or
03-31-2006, 05:22 PM

indeed

William
03-31-2006, 05:23 PM
and its not even a sticker
but hand cut kevlar

Is it color filled or is that the natural color of the cut material?

William

ergott
03-31-2006, 05:28 PM
indeed

Are they immitations? What's fraud about them?

ada@prorider.or
03-31-2006, 05:28 PM
Is it color filled or is that the natural color of the cut material?

William
yellow becuase its heated becomes slighty to brown

William
03-31-2006, 05:32 PM
yellow becuase its heated becomes slighty to brown

Interesting. Branding of sorts? Ever thought about a mask with a very light sandblast? I use masks that you can get very detailed with. Your logo would be quite easy. Just a thought.

William

ergott
03-31-2006, 05:48 PM
indeed

If there is any question about the authenticity of the wheels, contact ebay. They have great fraud protection and will pull the listing.

ada@prorider.or
03-31-2006, 05:58 PM
Interesting. Branding of sorts? Ever thought about a mask with a very light sandblast? I use masks that you can get very detailed with. Your logo would be quite easy. Just a thought.

William

sorry do not know what you mean by this
sandblast carbon?
no way

William
03-31-2006, 07:25 PM
sorry do not know what you mean by this
sandblast carbon?
no way

Haven't tried it on carbon. Works and a number of other synthetic surfaces. Anyone want to send me a piece of carbon fiber (short length of tube etc...) to try it on? I suppose I could ask my local lbs if the have an old used CF fork laying around.

William

Jack Brunk
03-31-2006, 08:10 PM
Cees,

are you sure these wheels are fake? What is fake about them?I want to make sure before I contact ebay . He seems to be have good feedback. Please let me know for sure. You can PM me if is easier.

Jack

Blastinbob
04-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Bump, for our buddy Jack B. the high bidder.

BumbleBeeDave
04-01-2006, 09:20 AM
I think our friend Cees should know if they are fake. My understanding is that he makes them.

Obviously if these are fake, then it's serious for Cees. He has a very specialized business that deals in low volume, high price, and depends on reputation for its continued existence. If he loses that reputation among potential pro buyers, he's done. That's also not to mention the possible injury to a rider who buys substandard knock-offs and then delaminates one while descending at 60 mph.

BBD

Jack Brunk
04-01-2006, 06:33 PM
I will be checking out the wheels at the Sea Otter Classic next week. I received a PM from Cees and we'll see what happens. I also have had a long conversation with the seller.

Jack

BumbleBeeDave
04-02-2006, 09:11 PM
I hope everything works out OK with your purchase. Very expensive lesson if it doesn't . . .

bBD

Jack Brunk
04-02-2006, 09:28 PM
I feel comfortable enough with the seller that I chose to proceed. I will be meeting him next week at the sea otter classic. I will let everybody know if the wheels don't work out.

Jack

Louis
04-02-2006, 09:48 PM
I will let everybody know if the wheels don't work out.

Jack,

Also let us know if they do work out. We don't have too many ride reports posted for that type of wheel. (not that I'm considering buying a set, I'm just curious)

Louis

Jack Brunk
04-02-2006, 10:30 PM
I'll be using them on the road race over the weekend. I will post a ride report.

Jack

CalfeeFly
04-03-2006, 11:04 AM
I agree his feedback was perfect.

You should consider he got ripped when he bought them and doesn't know it. I'd sure be careful. Good knockoffs are very hard to tell and Chinese labor is cheap.

Argos
04-03-2006, 12:54 PM
In what way were they knock-offs?

manet
04-03-2006, 01:00 PM
In what way were they knock-offs?

they are bereft of cee soul

ada@prorider.or
04-03-2006, 01:08 PM
I'll be using them on the road race over the weekend. I will post a ride report.

Jack

i advise you not to ride the important sea otter race with this set of wheels as i suppect the wheels are not what they sould be i do not want you race ruined by it

cees

Argos
04-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Cees,

What is fraudulent about these wheels?

jerk
04-03-2006, 01:30 PM
cees-
what are they?
jerk

ada@prorider.or
04-03-2006, 01:45 PM
cees-
what are they?
jerk

old wheels from 1999 i have a mail of fraude

Argos
04-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Kind of an expensive thing to knock-off a cheap copy of, no? I mean, it is not like the Gucci bags or Rolex watches you see on the street of NYC.

Too Tall
04-03-2006, 01:59 PM
Cees said "old" not "knock off" if I'm hearing you?
It's a jungle out there.

ada@prorider.or
04-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Cees said "old" not "knock off" if I'm hearing you?
It's a jungle out there.

pffff
can you translate this in dutch
so i also can understand what you mean?

bostondrunk
04-03-2006, 02:44 PM
I believe the word 'fraude' is a combination of flemish and pig latin. Translated, fraude means "not for the extreme obese person". I believe our buddy Cees is telling the buyer he is too fat for these wheels. mp?

dirtdigger88
04-03-2006, 02:45 PM
pffff
can you translate this in dutch
so i also can understand what you mean?

de wielen zijn ouder - de modellen van 1999
niet vervalst
werkte mijn vertaalprogramma?

or

Cees zei "oude" niet "slag van" als ik u hoor?
Het is daar een wildernis.

Jason

ada@prorider.or
04-03-2006, 02:51 PM
de wielen zijn ouder - de modellen van 1999
niet vervalst
werkte mijn vertaalprogramma?

Jason
nou ja nu begin ik het een beeetje te begrijpen waar men het over heeft wat ik ook wilde zeggen is dat de wielen niet honderd procent zijn en dat het niet goed funcioneerd
en als men er mee wedstijden gaat rijden allicht een probleem zal krijgen
nederlands dus geen vlaams
goed vertaal prgramma van hollandse makelij
?

bostondrunk
04-03-2006, 02:55 PM
nou ja nu begin ik het een beeetje te begrijpen waar men het over heeft wat ik ook wilde zeggen is dat de wielen niet honderd procent zijn en dat het niet goed funcioneerd
?

"Jason,
I find your bike very pretty, like mashed potatoes smothered in gravy the way mom used to make. Please use a longer stem tilted at a 45 degree angle to the sky. Tell Sandy and Kevan I'll see them in detroit, and we'll hit the town."

just glad to help..

ergott
04-03-2006, 02:59 PM
?

You get what you pay for...

"now yes now begin I one beeetje to understand where one the over has what I also want to say is that the wheels not hundred per cent its and that it not good funcioneerd and as one there with wedstijden will ride most likely a problem will get dutch thus
no vlaams good translate prgramma of hollandse make"

http://ets.freetranslation.com/

dirtdigger88
04-03-2006, 03:01 PM
sorry drunk- like I said my program works great for spanish to english- I dont have many dutch folks working for me

vind uw fiets zeer mooi, als fijngestampte aardappels die in jus de manier worden mom die wordt gebruikt gesmoord om te maken. Gelieve te gebruiken een langere stam die bij een 45 graadhoek aan de hemel wordt overgeheld. Vertel Zandig en Kevan ik hen in Detroit zal zien, en wij zullen de stad raken."
enkel blij te helpen..

Jason

bostondrunk
04-03-2006, 03:05 PM
sorry drunk- like I said my program works great for spanish to english- I dont have many dutch folks working for me

vind uw fiets zeer mooi, als fijngestampte aardappels die in jus de manier worden mom die wordt gebruikt gesmoord om te maken. Gelieve te gebruiken een langere stam die bij een 45 graadhoek aan de hemel wordt overgeheld. Vertel Zandig en Kevan ik hen in Detroit zal zien, en wij zullen de stad raken."
enkel blij te helpen..

Jason

mp bro. No worries, let me know if you need my translation help again. imho bro cheers mp atmo of course.

Argos
04-03-2006, 08:12 PM
For _____ Sake!

Is there a translater in the house? I can't make heads or tails here.

(Mmmm.... Tail)

Too Tall
04-04-2006, 07:05 AM
OK no more Groucho Jokes.

Cees - the slang terminology "knock off" is used to describe something that is a copy of an origional item. Apparently, if I understand you correctly, the ebay wheels are infact real origional authentic ADA wheels however they are an old model and perhaps there is a problem with that wheelset? Jah?

ada@prorider.or
04-04-2006, 10:29 AM
OK no more Groucho Jokes.

Cees - the slang terminology "knock off" is used to describe something that is a copy of an origional item. Apparently, if I understand you correctly, the ebay wheels are infact real origional authentic ADA wheels however they are an old model and perhaps there is a problem with that wheelset? Jah?

yes your correct