PDA

View Full Version : OT.. and yes, I am whining

gearguywb
12-17-2013, 07:15 PM
I have been blessed with very good health my entire life. Even spending 20 years doing some fairly crazy stuff not much to complain about other than the occasional broken bone.

Went in for rotator cuff surgery. Found out what I thought was just a bad cough was actually pneumonia. Plenty of complications.

I would just like to officially go on record…it sucks losing mobility!

That's all.

donevwil
12-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Pneumonia, not fun. Sorry to hear, get well and stay positive.

I've dedicated 2014 as "Fix Me" year. I've been putting off a few pretty major surgeries for a few years and can't wait any longer.

Ahneida Ride
12-17-2013, 08:26 PM
Just take it easy ....

It will heal at it's own time ....

My Best !

tiretrax
12-17-2013, 08:45 PM
I hope you get well soon. Get rid of the pneumonia so you don't suffer later in the year.

dekindy
12-17-2013, 08:49 PM
Just happened to read about a small outbreak of MRSA in Kentucky with deaths and comas. Everything is relative. You don't have to look very far to find someone with more challenges.

Ken Robb
12-17-2013, 11:18 PM
You will feel so weak that when you begin to bounce back you will be tempted to do TOO MUCH! Don't succumb to that urge. Take it VERY easy because you will be more run down than you can believe and you don't want a relapse. This is the voice of experience.

Matthew
12-17-2013, 11:36 PM
Being sick sucks. My wife has got some sort of bug she just can't seem to get rid of. She has been throwing up sporadically for the past 8 days. Not every day, but at least every other. Been to the ER twice now. Docs keep telling her it's likely some sort of flu bug but I am beginning to wonder. She has hardly eaten anything in the past week and just feels miserable. Anyone else had this type of illness this season? She has had CT scans, chest x-rays, blood work, and urine tests. All have come back "normal." Incredibly frustrating. I have my doubts about it being the flu since I have had no issues at all. Figured I would have gotten something by now. I feel so bad for her. Matthew.

RFC
12-18-2013, 10:04 AM
My Canaan Dog has pneumonia and is on meds. I discovered that the best way to get your pills down is to wrap them up in a piece of pastrami and when you open your mouth to take a bite, jammed them down your throat.