PDA

View Full Version : Fork Options for Build

TC Johnson
10-29-2012, 01:22 PM
Greetings!

I am gathering some parts for a build on the Mondonico frame I picked up a while back. It is fillet brazed Ultrafoco by Antonio with the carbon seatstays. My issue is that I would like to find a fork that will be complementary with the tail.

Since this is likely a Columbus tail section, I am thinking about searching for a Super Muscle fork or something comparable. Has anyone had experience with the Columbus forks, or should I look for an alternative? Rake from the builder is supposedly 43mm, but I would think anything 43 or 45 would be OK. Frame is a 54.

Thanks in advance for the responses. :banana:

TC

ofcounsel
10-29-2012, 02:52 PM
I've got a spare Columbus Carve fork, in great shape, if your interested. 45 degree rake. 8 inches on the carbon steerer, so way more than enough for a 54cm bike. This was to replace a Columbus Tusk fork I had on my Cinelli, but I ended up just keeping the dusk. It weighs in a tad under 400g's.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s81/ofcounsel/photo1-2.jpg

phcollard
10-29-2012, 02:58 PM
I like the Columbus Minimal (a lot).

You have to make sure you get a fork designed for non-integrated headset, otherwise it will look plain ugly and wrong. Unless your frame takes an integrated headset of course :D

Which in the Columbus line leaves you with... the Minimal!