PDA

View Full Version : OT: Neck charleyhorse help

eippo1
09-10-2012, 08:26 PM
So it happened again where the muscles at the base of my neck on the left side have wound up like a spring and I can't turn my head.

Last time this happened, I went to a massage guy to get it worked out. But I currently don't have the money to get a massage, my wife doesn't have strong enough fingers to work it out and I can't get leverage on it. Gin, Alleve and moist heat aren't doing the trick.

Anyone have any suggestions that might work?

P.S. It happened when I got a little too into tug of war with my dog followed by a night of sleeping on it wrong.

MattTuck
09-10-2012, 08:35 PM
do you have a vibrating massager? That might help.

honestly, it doesn't sound like a purely muscle thing, could it be a neurologic thing? slipped disk in the neck?

eippo1
09-10-2012, 08:42 PM
do you have a vibrating massager? That might help.

honestly, it doesn't sound like a purely muscle thing, could it be a neurologic thing? slipped disk in the neck?

Nah, it's just muscle. Last time it happened, I went to the doc for xrays and scans etc. All was perfectly healthy and it was just a muscle spasm that was fine after I went to the massage therapist.

MattTuck
09-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Nah, it's just muscle. Last time it happened, I went to the doc for xrays and scans etc. All was perfectly healthy and it was just a muscle spasm that was fine after I went to the massage therapist.

Can you get a scrip for a muscle relaxer?

Sounds like you need one of those trigger point sticks....

http://www.buy.com/prod/thera-cane-massager-self-massaging-stick/232487264.html

eippo1
09-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Can you get a scrip for a muscle relaxer?

Sounds like you need one of those trigger point sticks....

http://www.buy.com/prod/thera-cane-massager-self-massaging-stick/232487264.html

My doc is the non prescribing sort, so not likely. So will look into homeopathic methods, but that stick looks great. Might have to get it.

Jack Brunk
09-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Their cheap and really effective. They come in all different sizes. I swear by it.

BCS
09-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Accupuncture.