Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 04:57 PM
#bottlestorage

This is a virtual community with some limited real world connections. I have enjoyed both. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93legendti View Post
The picture he posted of himself was of a white man, yet he claims he was called the N word once a week and he was often stopped because of the way he looks...

Whether or not he is 100% white, his picture and statements of overt racism are at odds with each other.

You can bend over backwards looking for a shred of truth in his persona here, or accept that he was doing a Rachel Dolezal.

Anyway, as I posted, I like Butch.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:58 PM
Ex-Mr.President

I mean this with the utmost respect to all here...but why do we care?

I liked the guy and his e-personality. Could care less what he looked like or if he mislead people. He was fun and positive. I sent him stuff for free simply because people here are worth my time and have shown me the same kindness.

As far as I know he didn't hurt anyone here and was at times terribly entertaining. I mean it is a bike forum and we all have tremendous stories to tell. So some of them are embelished a bit or completely false. They still entertain.

BTW, Happycampyer my first tubular experience and cross race story is legit!
Old 07-14-2015, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
Next thing you know, Gasman is gonna fess up and admit he uses Beano.
Never ! A pox on you for such blasphemy !
Old 07-14-2015, 05:05 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.President View Post
Honesty helps. For example, if one is going to tell hard-luck stories then solicit donations it's good to be truthful.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93legendti View Post
The picture he posted of himself was of a white man, yet he claims he was called the N word once a week and he was often stopped because of the way he looks...

Whether or not he is 100% white, his picture and statements of overt racism are at odds with each other.

You can bend over backwards looking for a shred of truth in his persona here, or accept that he was doing a Rachel Dolezal.

Anyway, as I posted, I like Butch.

You don't have to be black to be called the N word. It's a very common epithet in Chicano culture. Ask any US-Raised Latino with darker pigmentation.

You can be black and look white. Look up "yellow" in an urban dictionary. Also, many people of African descent lose pigmentation as they age.

Anyway, I get what you're saying. He does look "white" in the pics. Just seems like the mods are painting this as a black and white issue....wocka wocka wocka
Old 07-14-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.President View Post
I don't really care. But Fixed struck me (and apparently others) as a good fellow. I can tolerate a ton of misgivings in people, but one thing I absolutely cannot tolerate are lies. If you read through some of the threads tagged in this one, Fixed solicited a lot of sympathy from people, and even took their goods and money. If his predicament was all ruse to elicit sympathy and stuff, that's just something I cannot abide. If true, there's no honor or integrity in what he may have done and would speak volumes (nay, everything) about his character (or lack of same).
Old 07-14-2015, 05:13 PM
send me the twizzlers yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeatnik View Post

You can be black and look white. Look up "yellow" in an urban dictionary. Also, many people of African descent lose pigmentation as they age.<cut>
This ^. I know the man so my earlier post was made in good faith.
Some folks might confusing The Fabulous Stains with The Human Stain.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:17 PM

Fixed always seemed like he was out there where the buses don't run, but I kinda liked the persona he presented. It would be interesting to see where the demarcation was on the fantasy/reality continuum, but I guess it doesn't really matter. I do think the thing about getting stuff under false pretenses might cross the line. . . .

Tim
Old 07-14-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Porter View Post
Fixed always seemed like he was out there where the buses don't run, but I kinda liked the persona he presented. It would be interesting to see where the demarcation was on the fantasy/reality continuum, but I guess it doesn't really matter. I do think the thing about getting stuff under false pretenses might cross the line. . . .

Tim
I tell you one thing about him - he really dislikes FL so we're kindred spirits
Old 07-14-2015, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Never ! A pox on you for such blasphemy !
Great, I'm feelin' better already. It was just the tone of this thread going downhill that overcame me.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:54 PM

Location: I'm here, I'm there, I'm everywhere...I'm the egg-man
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeatnik View Post
Was Fixed's TMI pre or post "fabrications."
Like your style, Al. This is the first thing that popped into my head as well - that he mentioned something about suffering TBI.

No way to verify that he had TBI of course, but regardless, his posts seemed to come from a general, harmless place that was a mixture of warmth, and perhaps craving a tad bit of attention.

In any case, not in a position to judge claims or counter-claims - I never interacted too much with him directly.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:09 PM
Peter Pan Oath adherent

I always found him entertaining but lost all interest and respect after he had solicited stuff under what seemed pretty certainly false pretenses

BK

Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:16 PM

Interesting. So was he a bike messenger?

I sent some stuff to him when he was in "need"
I don't mind either way, he seemed nice but I'm surprised reading the info in this thread.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:19 PM
Small ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce K View Post
I always found him entertaining but lost all interest and respect after he had solicited stuff under what seemed pretty certainly false pretenses

BK
I gave him stuff. I was never misled.

Why is this even a thread?
Old 07-14-2015, 06:20 PM
It An't Me Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce K View Post

BK
I don't look at it or see it that way. I shipped a pair of bibs to some address in San Francisco. I don't feel bad or dupped even if he got a pair of bibs from me under false pretenses. Because doing what I did wasn't about the results. It was about my choice to do. That is it and I can live with what I do.

If it was a ruse, well that's not my problem. Whatever baggage that comes from doing that is on him. I'm OK, he's OK. Life goes on.
Closed Thread