Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-22-2005, 09:37 PM
Helianthus annuus

Italian Tap?

Strange request, but does anyone have an Italian bb tap I might...uhh...borrow? I'll pay postage and a rental fee. I only need it ONE day for about, well, thirty minutes...You guessed it, I have a buggered bb (on a brand new bike...) and none of the LBS has the _Italian_ (70mm) tap (at least none that I trust...). It would be waaay easier to mail a tap than send the frame off to a shop somewheres'else, if ya'knowhaddImean.

Now, of course, no one with a tool as exotic or as valuable as this is likely to lend it (or "rent" it) and therein lies, well, the other half of the problem. Thanks for listening.

And, if I may be so bold, I have to say that the frame _came_ with this problem; it is not a result of any hamfisted incompetence on our end.

dbrk

p.s. still can't get Ebisu or calfskin tape pictures to load, same error, different thread, not Italian but Forum...
Old 06-22-2005, 09:40 PM
send me the twizzlers yo

i got 'em in stock.
send a smoke signal and i'll tighten
you up in the morning. gay vague, bro'.
e-RICHIE
Old 06-22-2005, 09:50 PM
Helianthus annuus

eRichiepal,

Smoke signal sent. I'll be GayVague, up early in the mornin', and givin' you a call--- thanks, pal. Youda'man, btw, and I love the white RayBans. I'm looking for a spare pair of Julbo ROUND glaciers, the kind with the leather sides, just the thing for the OriginalGayVague me...

tapped out and goin' to bed, dbrk
Old 06-22-2005, 09:54 PM
ZhugeLiang

Frank, I am gonna **out** you since....

a) * everybody know you are a big show-off with your italian exploits like the nagos and tomasinis, so it's no secret and a natural conclusion that you would own one of the coveted Italian thread BB tool

and

b) ** dbrk-pal is such a great pal to all of us with his generous advice and legendary hospitality...how could we stand on the side with our arms folded when he needs help.

hint:
* start building up those ebY frames and ride em', son!
** dbrk will pay me a finder fee, and both of you can thank me later for hooking up two crazy people who love to drool over all things old and frozen-in-time...

oh one last thing before I forgot, Frank...remember to factor in the "lost of use" while dbrk has your tool and you are not able to prep those frames you get on the world flea market. I say do a 25% surcharge.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:39 PM
commuter racer

Beer??

I have a Moretti beer tap you can borrow...

xxo shino
Old 06-23-2005, 04:14 AM
needs adult supervision

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrk
I'm looking for a spare pair of Julbo ROUND glaciers, the kind with the leather sides, just the thing for the OriginalGayVague me...

tapped out and goin' to bed, dbrk
douglas, agree. those glaciers glasses rock. of course, to complete the look, gotta wear zinc oxide on your nose. if you can't find 'em near you or online, maybe try a place here in beantown called bob smith's wilderness house...

http://www.wildernesshouseboston.com/
Old 06-23-2005, 09:13 AM

Italian tap

Hi Dbrk,

I have an Italian tap set. I could send it to you on Friday and if you could get it back to me by the next Friday, you could use it. My shop is in NM, so I don't know if that would work for you. Does your local shop or someone you trust have the Park handles? (BTS-1) That would work for me because I could just send you the taps. I don't want to be without my tool, but I use the Italian taps alot less and could be w/o those for awhile. Let me know.

Jeremy
Old 06-23-2005, 10:01 AM
Helianthus annuus

Mission Accomplished!

So many kind offers! Thanks to Brian, Jeremy, and so many others who offered me their tools! YIKES! I would no more lend out my wife and children (though I _would_ lend Sandy my dog, if he asked) than a tool this rare and valuable...But ol'pal-e-richie has the taps in the mail today and I'll get them back to him promptly. A thirty minute job (more or less) that would cost about $300-500 if I had to buy the darn thing--- but there's no riding this bike without the fix!

So thanks again. This is an extraordinary place filled with generous souls. This weekend while working in LA I'll get in a ride with SerottaPals Thom Byrnes, Mavic, and our own Blastin'Bob the Muffler Man Extraordinaire!

dbrk
soon to be properly tapped...
Old 06-23-2005, 10:15 AM

dbrk...

say. "Hey!" to that gang for me. Might you be heading for the mountains too? Hope you do, it was a spectacular ride.

Oh yeah... be kind to my bike.
||O,
|| \_/\_
--"----------"'---''-----'---''-------'---
Old 06-23-2005, 01:24 PM
I need you cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrk
...And, if I may be so bold, I have to say that the frame _came_ with this problem; it is not a result of any hamfisted incompetence on our end...
if you say so.....

fwiw - julbo rounds rock.....
Old 06-23-2005, 02:42 PM
The same decaying organic

dbrk?

[QUOTE=dbrk] and none of the LBS has the _Italian_ (70mm) tap (at least none that I trust...)QUOTE]

as a fellow resident of the finger lakes region this statement kept echoing, would you care to expand on this topic?

ps. i am not affiliated with any lbs, i am just a curious cyclist.

pm me if you want to use specifics
Peasant 3: ...I got better.
Crowd: [shouts] Burn her anyway!