Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-19-2005, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

My Ottrott shipped 2 weeks early?!

LBS just called tonight, my Ottrott shipped on 5/17 when it wasn't sched to ship till 6/1. It's being built up as I write. They forgot to order the front derailleur clip and my saddle. Otherwise everything's on and I will stop by tomorrow lunchtime to see how it looks. They say it's the most beautiful they've built so far this year (of course it's only May, not even halfway through the year). I only ride a 51.5 TT so it's not going to be the largest angles you've ever seen. But as soon as it's finished--probably Saturday--I will post some photos, along with my "old Serotta," my '96 CSI. I opted for the Inferno paint on the Ottrott, whereas my old CSI is quite subdued with a forest/Brit racing green fade to black and Campy Record 8 speed. The Ottrott is quite bling compared to that.
Has anyone else commented on the SUPERB customer service Serotta provides? Shipping 2 weeks early???? Thank you!!!
I may be riding it this weekend!!
Gotta get to the spin class at my gym!
Old 05-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Elizabeth and Jenny's Dad

You are going to love it.

Kevin

"Never use your face as a brake pad" - Jake Watson

"You never have the wind with you - either it is against you or you are having a good day." - Daniel Behrman
Old 05-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

And it was built up and ready to ride this morning, on a gorgeous 70's sunny non-humid Washington summer day (highly unusual for this city and this time of year). It is a gorgeous frame, gorgeous paint job (inferno), and gorgeous ride. Absolutely nothing hurts after 20 miles at 18 mph (VERY fast for me on my old bike!) and I didn't even have to stretch out my lower back or neck or anything. Unbelievable. Just unbelievable. Yeah, this thing cost a fortune, but I will reap MILES and HOURS of pleasure out of it, plus be far more fit and trim in the process. Hopefully I will be able to ride it into old age--I'm already pretty well into middle age (52). Thank you Serotta for shipping early and Spokes for building it so fast and perfectly.
Today is all roses and sunshine!
Old 05-21-2005, 03:54 PM

photos please. Stop riding your bike and post some pics.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:20 PM

Kewl!

sc..sincatrace....
That's good news!
There's just something "special" about a company delivering ON their
deadline....much less.....AHEAD of time!
It really does make you feel good about the company!

I mean....we're so used to being disappointed!

Let me ask?...did you make any changes from your CSI's geometry?
If so?...was this your idea or your fitters'?
thnks!
Old 05-21-2005, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Hi, my pix are posted on the "Serotta" forum at the bottom of the home page where everyone else posted their pix--you know, the one at the bottom of the discussion forum list. The thread is called "brand new Ottrott for girls!" And yes, Carlos, the geometry changed somewhat. I was stock off the shelf geometry 50 cm when I bought my CSI in April '96. I was younger then, and rode my bars lower, and weighed less. I have ended up with a shorter and slightly sloping TT on this bike, higher head tube, and totally different drive train, going from Campy Record to DuraAce and Stella Azzurra compact crank. My frame is quite compact as you will see in the pix, so I definitely feel the road more than on the 56 cm Ottrott I rode for my test ride (I called it "the limousine;" mine is more like the "DC taxicab"). I expected this though, because of the shorter tubes all round. This is a great ride, even 5 hrs later I don't feel stiff or have a sore lower back. Just amazing! I've been going to a chiropractor for 2 yrs to "adjust" for my bike riding and spinning class. No adjustments necessary for the Ottrott.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:34 AM

Quote:
going from Campy Record to DuraAce and Stella Azzurra compact crank.
Too bad. Enjoy your new ride anyway!