Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-19-2010, 10:25 AM
zoes boondoggle

OT: Tiger

Perhaps now he can concentrate on turning the economy around...
Old 02-19-2010, 12:07 PM

Too little, too late.

However, the public has short memories -- he'll be back on a golf course by summer, winning tournaments by fall, have most of his endorsement deals back in 24 months.

Very happy he stood up for Buddhism, though. I thought Brit Hume was striking a low blow when he went after Buddha.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:12 PM

he needs to apologize to the women he wronged.....according to that ultra sleeze Gloria Allred. I don't quite understand how a women who knowingly has an affair with a married man has been wronged but he better apologize.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:23 PM
Everything is connected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengeBoy
Very happy he stood up for Buddhism, though. I thought Brit Hume was striking a low blow when he went after Buddha.
Buddha will kick his arse in Tiger's afterlife...

Last edited by rwsaunders; 12-30-2019 at 08:43 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:30 PM
needs adult supervision

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsaunders
Buddha will kick his arse in Tiger's afterlife...
actually, in tiger's future lives, he'll kick his own arse. it's some strange karmic debt he's working out.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:44 PM

He never was a role model, just a great golfer.
People should reach their dreams through themselves and not others.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:52 PM

What a joke that he's being treated for "sex addiction." Lots of men in his position (often away from his wife, with women throwing themselves at him) would have affairs all the time too, or at least be tempted to do so.

Last edited by fiamme red; 02-19-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:58 PM

He's an idiot. Who cares about his private life? Only other idiots. He should be out playing golf for our entertainment. Other than that he is a nobody and that is the way it should be. Now.............can we get back to our regularly scheduled looking at the snow?
Old 02-19-2010, 02:02 PM

He didn't say "Buddhism" he said "Bootyism".

Tha man made one mistake, he got married.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelover
He didn't say "Buddhism" he said "Bootyism".

Tha man made one mistake, he got married.
Too good and agree, nobody would care if he's a whore if he were still single.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snah
Too good and agree, nobody would care if he's a whore if he were still single.
He'd be revered if he was a "single" womanizer (a la Joe Namath)...

Just sayin'

Steve

PS: On a whole other note, if this was Europe, it wouldn't have even made the paper. I sometimes wonder about our "puritanical" culture.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:27 PM
needs adult supervision

for him to not face questions was gutless...unless he never plays golf again and never appears as a public figure again.

you can either have a private life or a public life. but you can't take hundreds of millions in endorsements but then say, you have no right to ask me questions.

stay or go. public or private. choose, tiger. you have a right to one, not both.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Climb01742
for him to not face questions was gutless...unless he never plays golf again and never appears as a public figure again.

you can either have a private life or a public life. but you can't take hundreds of millions in endorsements but then say, you have no right to ask me questions.

stay or go. public or private. choose, tiger. you have a right to one, not both.
completely disagree. if he cheated on the course or used peds (which i believe is a possibillity), then we could ask questions. but this matter concerns him and his family and nobody else. he never held himself out as a paragon of virtue. that his sponsors (or we) did is their (or our) issue, not his. they paid him lots of $$ and got a big return. simple business arrangement. we watched him perform to a level that almost no other athlete has, and were thrilled by it. that's all. but he shouldn't have to forgo his privacy because of it.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:11 PM
needs adult supervision

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMerring
completely disagree. if he cheated on the course or used peds (which i believe is a possibillity), then we could ask questions. but this matter concerns him and his family and nobody else. he never held himself out as a paragon of virtue. that his sponsors (or we) did is their (or our) issue, not his. they paid him lots of $$ and got a big return. simple business arrangement. we watched him perform to a level that almost no other athlete has, and were thrilled by it. that's all. but he shouldn't have to forgo his privacy because of it.
i can appreciate your point of view, but respectfully disagree. i think the degree to which he availed himself of endorsement dollars (world's first billion dollar athlete), the number of endorsements he did, and the sheer amount of publicity and fame he reveled in -- as he admitted today -- points to the fact that he was a willing and guiding force in his public persona. advertising icons and control freaks like tiger has enormous say is their endorsements; he was a very active participant in reaping that billion.

to be clear, i feel for the pain he and his family are going through and i wish him well, and that he comes through this with his family together.

but i do think he is being a hypocrite. he wanted all the benefits of being a public person when it benefited him. but now that it doesn't benefit him, he's saying, whoa, my life is out of bounds.

i think he owes the public something. he took their money all those years. the odd thing is, if he answered the questions, he could begin to truly put this behind him. by not taking questions, he's prolonging the ordeal.

he always had a choice of taking the money or not. there are athletes who do truly shun the spotlight and keep their lives private. to_those_athletes, privacy is their full due. tiger sold his privacy years and a billion dollars ago.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:23 PM

Only in America would so many have so much to say about a man's personal life.

To have an opinion or to judge Tiger Woods is your own business.

Almost as much attention here as there was during Monica Lewinsky affair. Most folks it seems like to peer into other's lives that are more interesting than their own.

Hell, there were times my own life has got pretty darn interesting but who the F**k cares about me?