Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Your chance to provide feedback on new ride mapping software

See the thread across the hall here.

(I do this because they are asking for more feedback.)
Old 03-14-2009, 05:16 AM
#bottlestorage

Mapping function:
I like it. It is simple and easy to use. Mapmyride (used to be good) is too congested with ads now and too cumbersome to use.

Problem:
The only problem I can tell with this is that it didn't save my route after I input it and selected the save option.

Suggestion:
I also think a good idea would be an interactive application with facebook and other online groups. This would allow ride sharing for many bike clubs that use these resources to share info on upcoming rides.

Lastly, being able to print a cue sheet from this would be a really good idea.

Thanks,

Paul

Last edited by rugbysecondrow; 03-14-2009 at 05:23 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:34 AM

Bikely.com has a fine mapping function and lots of cataloged routes. Also, it generates cue sheets and elevation profiles on demand. To generate cue sheets the author of a route does have to input the route with labeled turns.

I find it very useful.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:58 AM

I'm one of the guys behind http://ridewithgps.com, the site Louis was talking about... we saw some shortcomings with the other sites out there, and wanted to come out with a site that cyclists really find incredibly useful. We have the technical expertise to make it happen, but in many ways we are only amateur cyclists who haven't done any racing or serious training, and are looking for some feedback on what cyclists really want to see in a website made for them. Right now everything is free, and there are no ads, and we think our site has the fastest and easiest route drawing/gps uploading out there, with a cool way to view your data.

If you have ideas, feedback, comments, questions, or criticism, please do contact me or reply to this thread. Our email address is ridewithgps@gmail.com. We want to become a valued part of the online cycling community, but cannot do it entirely alone.

Thanks!
Zack