Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-19-2020, 01:24 PM

Wahoo Elemnt Bolt not syncing to Strava (away from home)

I live in Evanston IL. I am used to finishing a ride and having my Wahoo Elemnt Bolt immediately sync to Strava (less than a minute after stopping my workout on the phone). When I'm away from home (currently in Portland OR) that doesn't happen. In the past, when I've returned home, everything syncs. Even though I'm connected to the WiFi network here at my son's house (both my laptop and my Wahoo Elemnt Bolt), syncing still doesn't happen. I've power cycled my phone, turned location tracking off and back on (both suggested by the auto-reply help from Strava) with no change.

I know this is a first world problem, but am I going to have to wait until I get back home in several weeks for Wahoo/Strava syncing to resume?
Old 03-19-2020, 01:28 PM
#RYFB

Are you using the Wahoo Element app? If so, what happens when you manually force the Strava upload (by selecting the ride, tapping on the upload link in the upper right, and selecting Strava)?
Old 03-19-2020, 01:44 PM
shimergo

Had this issue yesterday (haven't tried today though). I ended up exporting the file to my computer within the Wahoo app. Just go into your ride history, select the ride, open up the options, select "Upload workout", and email it to yourself. Sounds like you have access to a laptop, so log into your Strava and upload the file that was sent to your email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgolvin View Post
Are you using the Wahoo Element app? If so, what happens when you manually force the Strava upload (by selecting the ride, tapping on the upload link in the upper right, and selecting Strava)?
For me, nothing happens when you try selecting Strava. There's a little cloud icon with an up arrow next to it (possibly identifying that it's uploaded). FWIW I'm on an Android device.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:54 PM
#RYFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobydrew View Post
For me, nothing happens when you try selecting Strava. There's a little cloud icon with an up arrow next to it (possibly identifying that it's uploaded). FWIW I'm on an Android device.
I'm on iOS so it's possible that things are different, but in this case I doubt it.

The little cloud icon means that it has not uploaded to Strava, clicking on that icon will force the upload attempt, the result of which (if unsuccessful) will give you a clue about where the problem lies.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:01 PM

I think you need to forget all of the existing networks on your phone, and then reconnect only your son's network.

This seems to do with the Elemnt "remembering" a network, while the phone is connected to a different network. It is complicated PITA, and I have not always been successful.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:50 PM

I’ve also had issues lately. The Bolt itself is not syncing to the App. Wahoo support wasn’t very helpful other than telling me to connect manually to my computer and upload it to Strava. They had zero comments on why it wasn’t syncing with the app. I did all the usual and updated software, unpaired and then repaired the Bolt and phone, etc. None of it worked.
Old 03-19-2020, 03:05 PM

My Bolt stopped talking to Strava. I unpaired it, then re-paired it, still no go. I called Wahoo customer services and they talked me through the fix, which took 2 minutes. Both rides since then have uploaded to Strava issue-free.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:18 PM

Same issue here. Also not seeing caller id or text notifications. Usually this happens after an ios update and I need to unpair the bolt, forget it in bluetooth and repair.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:33 PM
BillC's Evil Twin Brother

Having the same issue. It was good Sunday. Tuesday & this evening, no joy.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo62 View Post
My Bolt stopped talking to Strava. I unpaired it, then re-paired it, still no go. I called Wahoo customer services and they talked me through the fix, which took 2 minutes. Both rides since then have uploaded to Strava issue-free.
What's the fix?
Old 03-19-2020, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgolvin View Post
Thanks. Tried that. The cloud icon doesn't respond to my finger press on my phone.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smontanaro View Post
Thanks. Tried that. The cloud icon doesn't respond to my finger press on my phone.
Same same. Even tried re-synching the ride. no joy.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:07 PM
Kind of OK

It looks like there is some bug. Happening with me too.
Old 03-19-2020, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Same same. Even tried re-synching the ride. no joy.
Same exact thing now happening to me. Wahoo Elemnt / Samsung 9

Previously, the little cloud never did much but when I refreshed strava, my ride was there. Now I can't upload just like O.P., and a few others now.
Old 03-20-2020, 02:11 PM

Thanks. At least I'm not losing my mind (in this regard).

Edit: I submitted a request to Wahoo: https://support.wahoofitness.com/hc/...equests/704507

(Who knows if you'll be able to see it, but offer it as a reference for your own contacts if necessary.)

Last edited by smontanaro; 03-20-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Tags
strava, sync, wahoo