Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-27-2006, 03:02 PM

Visiting Pegoretti?

I've seen a couple of posts about this -- the most recent by Climb (who hooked me up with my Marcelo) really has me going. I'll be in Italy in September. Can a jerk like me visit Dario? I'd like to get measured for a future purchase, but can't really afford another bike now. I don't want to waste his time, but I'd love to see his shop and have my measurments on file. Thanks.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:06 PM
cees

Quote:
Originally Posted by aminadab
I've seen a couple of posts about this -- the most recent by Climb (who hooked me up with my Marcelo) really has me going. I'll be in Italy in September. Can a jerk like me visit Dario? I'd like to get measured for a future purchase, but can't really afford another bike now. I don't want to waste his time, but I'd love to see his shop and have my measurments on file. Thanks.
i heard he is a normal living human

he probely use the same bathroom

i think yes you can visit him (or meaby he becomes the pope) then you need a audition
Old 07-27-2006, 03:07 PM
catulle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aminadab
If a jerk like me is planning a visit for next year, why shouldn't you aspire to drop by. Hey, be wreckless, don't be shy. He's probably as nice as they come and at the end you've made a good new friend. Otherwise, just put the top of your fingers under your chin and flick them forward.
Old 07-27-2006, 03:34 PM
needs adult supervision

write dario and ask. he is a great guy. one consideration though: vegas is in october. getting ready for the show is always tough. just see how his time is. meeting him and seeing his shop is a joy.

(and yes, antonio i am working on the pictures!)

Last edited by Climb01742; 07-27-2006 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:09 PM
aka Terry Keele

find out what his very favorite bottle(s) of vino are from a mutual friend. buy a couple of em, show up and say, "hey i brought you some modest bottles of vino to pay tribute to your excelence." i betcha he doesn't turn you away.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:17 PM

When I visited Dario's shop back in '04 I went armed with Samuel Adams ...
Old 07-28-2006, 02:35 AM
swoop

it is also possible to arrange meeting him in vegas at interbike and having him measure you there. it only takes ten minutes. talk to gita or competitive cyclists.