Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-14-2016, 11:04 AM

OT... Beauty and the beast 2017??

Frame by frame copy of the animation? even the music is the same one Anybody saw the trailer? this thing is going to tank IMO.

The one I do not know what is going to happen is GiTS, from the last trailer looks like they are giving a reason for the mayor for being there, thing I do not remember at all from the manga or the anime shows and movies.

Wonder if depending how it goes with GiTS they will give the green light to Akira.
Old 11-14-2016, 11:10 AM

The live action Cinderella grossed $543 million. I think Disney will do just fine on this one, too.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:07 PM

There is a live action Cinderella?
Old 11-14-2016, 03:15 PM

I have a 4 year old daughter. And my wife once a little girl too. They will go see it at least once and will pre-order whatever super deluxe DVD edition they make available as well. I don't know the ins and outs of the industry or these productions specifically, but there is something to be said for the fervor and buying power of the targeted demographic.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:50 PM

C'mon Ultraman, it's a tale as old as time!

(and if that rickrolled any of you... )

But I'm certain as well that my wife and 4 and 2.5 year old daughters will be there, no questions asked.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:24 PM
cmg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraman6970 View Post
Frame by frame copy of the animation? even the music is the same one Anybody saw the trailer? this thing is going to tank IMO.

The one I do not know what is going to happen is GiTS, from the last trailer looks like they are giving a reason for the mayor for being there, thing I do not remember at all from the manga or the anime shows and movies.

Wonder if depending how it goes with GiTS they will give the green light to Akira.
The GiTS trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4VmJcZR0Yg looks amazing yea, whitewashed but at least they had a healthy budget
Old 11-15-2016, 06:44 AM

When it comes to robot girls in manga, I much prefer Dr Slump. The TV anime was more fun too. (as long as we are rick rolling)

I view manga as being easy reading for high school boys during the morning commute in Japan, but I do not think they really ever work as movies or TV shows. I always thought AKIRA the movie was garbage compared to the manga.

I also think cultural references do not translate well from Japanese into english.

Last edited by verticaldoug; 11-15-2016 at 06:47 AM.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:08 AM

Arale? wow.. that was a nice show, remember when arale got a cameo in DB

I do agree with your comments about akira, my only complain about akira is the last 20 minutes with the never ending transformation. The other thing in general is that live actions are so hard to make, the characters in anime or manga were not created to be live action to start with and when are translated to live action they look kind'a ridiculous sometimes.

For example Yowamushi pedal, sure the manga worked like a charm, the anime worked somehow but now the like action show is just insanely off for me, a frame by frame adaptation that doesn't appeal to me because the characters are equally wacky as the anime, same with cutey honey or even sailor moon (if the anime was cheese, the live action is even worse), and if we go to the big screen we have the attack on titan movie, but the rurouni kenshin movies were OK imo. Spaceship yamato was ok but the adaptation had to move off in some characters to make it work, honestly I missed the Gamilas, never thought they were going to picture them as like transdimentional beings... ***??

The ones that IMO could work as a movie and because the characters are pretty much humans and funny are Cobra (sadly we have 2 total recall movies so I dont see this one getting made ever) and maybe Captain Future.

As a comment appart, what surprise me is that two of the best kaiju movies I ever seen are not even japanese, pacific rim and the 2014 godzilla. THe last japanese godzilla was ok got lucky to watch it in the movie theater (played like for a week around the us in selected theaters, in my area the was sold out, all the nerds went to watch it) and they somehow figured it a way to bring back the franchise, the movie is different to the usual godzilla japanese movies, lets see what they do for the next one.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:49 AM

Yes Arale-chan. Although, the best character is Suppaman.

Yowamushi-Pedal was unwatchable even in Japanese in my opinion.
My favorite of all time is Hokuto no Ken series one from Fuji TV which aired in fall 1985.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:34 AM

Oh the fist of the north star.... forgot about that one, never read the manga but the live action movie was bad IMO, early cinema tries to bring live action from manga and anime... What I did not like from the anime was the ending, no idea if the manga ended like that aswel, do you know?

Yowamushi-Pedal unwatchable? well if you know cycling yes, they got a bunch of stuff wrong but since sports manga and anime are 100% accurate?

Still remember years back Captain Tsubasa and its 6km long soccer field A guys from spain did the math and the field was estimated to be like 6 kilometers long by 2 km wide or something like that. At least saint seiya was full fantasy :P
Old 11-15-2016, 03:00 PM

wow this thread really went sideways. But yes, スッパマンis awesome even though his nameplay on sour doesn't even translate.

I couldn't care less about Beauty in the Beast. I took a quick glance at the trailer and the color hue just turned me off (and Hermione). What is wrong with studios that bright color palettes are no longer useable? Its a FAIRY tale! Disney has had plenty of flops recently; I have no sympathy for the destruction they did to Pixar.

GiTS looks stupid, although I will admit I never read the comic, and never though of Shiro Masamune's stories. Orion had some cool imagery, but it was pointless.

And Godzila 2014? Really? I'll give Pacific Rim a pat in the back that it was fun. Utterly stupid and nonsensical, but I loved watching the robots. And Rinko... WHY are you so bad in it? The only good acting was by the little girl screaming for her life in the destroyed city. I had no idea Godzilla Resurgence was even showing here; but I look forward to watching it with my son. Provided my wife lets him.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:00 PM

i found out just by accident that played here in the area like for 4 days, but was like a month ago so no idea if they took it out already. Actually started oct 11.. like for a week. Hope they are still playing it in your area, so far have seen 2 G movies in the theaters... G2000 and this one, the funny thing about G2000 is that all the guys doing the voices were asians from different places, we got more fun trying to understand and guessing the accents than from the movie itself