Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Proxy

Does anyone have the weight of a larger legend with an F2?

I would love to know the weight of a 58/F2 with all OS tubing and ti stays, but anything close will be helpful, just as long as its actual weight and not an estimate. thanks a bunch!
Old 07-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Feel the Force

my/ Ozz's Legend (when it WAS mine)

was 18 lbs with clinchers- 17.25 with tubbies-

it's a 60 cm frame-

Jason
Old 07-11-2006, 04:54 PM
Proxy

thanks but

I am looking for just frame and fork weight - if you have that then great, I 'll take it
Old 07-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Like I'm the only one...

My "old" 60 cm 02 Legend with 03 chorus weighed 20.5 as pictured. Well... minus the seat bag and bottle.

Sorry, no idea what the frame weighed all by its lonesome.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Proxy

hum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale scotsman
My "old" 60 cm 02 Legend with 03 chorus weighed 20.5 as pictured. Well... minus the seat bag and bottle.
2#'s difference from the same frame posted above. that seems like a lot to me.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Like I'm the only one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxy
2#'s difference from the same frame posted above. that seems like a lot to me.

Yeah, but the dirt man had DA 7800 on his with lots 'o light stuff. The seatpost and seat on mine must have weighed close to 2.5 lbs!
Old 07-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Feel the Force

agreed-

saddle- seat post- stem alone could d@mn near make up the whole difference- then the few oz that the 7800 saves- then some skinny rubber-

2 lbs is not suprising at all-

I think Louis has one of dbrk's legend not built up yet

Jason
Old 07-11-2006, 05:42 PM
I need you cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxy
I am looking for just frame and fork weight - if you have that then great, I 'll take it
Boy, and here I was sitting around with a frame (60 cm Legend), fork (F2) & headset (chris king) unbuilt for about 10 months......sorry.

FWIW - Built with '05 Record, Phil Wood Ti BB, Zero Gravity Brakes, and '03 Eurus wheels it comes in around 17 lbs....I have not put it on a real accurate scale yet, but that is ball park.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:44 PM
Slackasaurus Rex

I was going to chime in earlier that component selection will have a lot to do with the end weight.

My 2001 Scandium 7000 (2.4lb frameset) bike in 58cm, with Dura-Ace 9-speed (is that 6600?), Easton EC70 fork (Al tube instead of carbon), DA hubs laced to OpenPros with mid-weight Michelin clinchers is 18lb even. Other components are ITM Millenium bars and stem, Thompson Elite 195gm seatpost, Look 385 pedals and Terry Fly Ti saddle.

My 2005 Nove is 17.8lbs, nearly identically equipped, with the changes of Ksyrium Equipe wheels, Campy Chorus 10, FSA Carbon Compact crank. Same, seat and post, stem and bars, pedals, etc.

WHile I have to guess that my Nove has a slightly heavier frame, the carbon steerer tube of the Serotta F3 may be lighter, the wheels may be lighter, as well as the crank, and the carbon bottle cages from a whopping 4 grams.

My totally uninformed guess-timate would be that you could build up a full Ti 58cm Legend between 17.5 and 20lbs, depending on how much of a weight weenie your wallet would allow you to be. I'd guess that with full Record carbon and some light wheels, sub-18lbs is within reach.

EDIT: Opps, Ozz's post wasn't there when I started. But, what he said seems to corroborate what I said.

But, with those upgrades he mentioned (Phil Ti BB, Zero-G brakes, etc) mine would drop significantly, too. I bet my Nove would come down to 17.25.

Of course, those upgrades alone cost more than my current car.

Last edited by BoulderGeek; 07-11-2006 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:38 PM

I weighed my 56 before I built it up and without fork I believe it was 3.25 lbs. Mine is not built with OS tubing as far as I can tell. Built up with Ouzo Pro and Ultegra and DA7800 clinchers it's low 17's.

I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:13 AM
Ape and Essence

What's the concern? Legends will all weight diff. amts. depending on tubes.

You are buying a TI LEGEND!!!! It's about the ride.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:41 AM

no, not buying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall
What's the concern? Legends will all weight diff. amts. depending on tubes.

You are buying a TI LEGEND!!!! It's about the ride.
selling. its about the ride and the weight - for me.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Ape and Essence

Apologies for being short. Mine is a 64x64 Legend with AlphaQ (standard). Never weighed the bare frame/fork. Built with DA+heavy old school Look pedals = 19 even. These frames ain't heavy. They are built stout and for good reason. Ask DBRK, his is a 61 ??? Surely he weighed his before building...lots of attention to detail in all his rides.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:37 AM

no worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall
Apologies for being short. Mine is a 64x64 Legend with AlphaQ (standard). Never weighed the bare frame/fork. Built with DA+heavy old school Look pedals = 19 even. These frames ain't heavy. They are built stout and for good reason. Ask DBRK, his is a 61 ??? Surely he weighed his before building...lots of attention to detail in all his rides.
I am just trying to fill in all the blanks of my current situation. made the mistake of riding a few so-called modern frames - paris carbon, s-works tarmac, etc and my legend feels (is) a touring bike by comparison - which is fine for long range stuff, but I take a big hit climbing and accelerating. This is due in part that my rear-center=415, but I don’t like my wheelbase or front-center that much either – I want a tighter geo for my main bike and it appears that I can get it these days without sacrificing ride quality, which was not the case a few years ago. I know the geo was done in part because of my 72sta and the swaged tubes, but I really do not need 8mm from the tire to the tube. Anyhow, thanks for the info.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Adam/SerottaFan

Just weighed my new (to me) '02 53 x 53 Legend ST at the LBS before they built it up: 3.02 lbs for the frame and 3.96 lbs for the frameset with F2 fork.