Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-30-2020, 03:36 PM

Stolen Moots Routt RSL - NYC Flatiron area - 8/24
**Reward**

Had my dream bike stolen 1 month after I purchased it. The Moots Routt RSL was stolen from 23rd st between 5th and 6th on Monday 8/24 at 1:30pm. All on video from inside my job. Cash reward for its return. Any details please send me a message. Thank you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2020, 06:22 PM

Stolen Bikes & More

There is a very long story behind this, so I'm not going into details here. We suffered a theft of ~$60k (per appraised value) in bikes and parts. We actually know who committed the theft, but that person has eluded capture or either criminal or civil prosecution to this point. Like I said, long story, and most of that is not pertinent to this thread. All in all we lost about a dozen complete bikes, about another dozen framesets, 15 wheelsets, and innumerable groups & components.

What I'm hoping here is the beyond-a-long-shot chance that I can recover one or more of the bikes. I'm not posting the entire $60k inventory here, only the most unique and thus readily identifiable bikes, which generally also are the ones I would most like to retrieve. I've also included a couple of the smaller items, simply because they are fairly unique/rare, and possibly could help track down other items. All photos are of the actual bike/component. I have extensive detailed photos of almost everything, as I kept photographic and other documentation of nearly everything bike-related in binders. The photo binder alone is over 700 pages (the photos below of the Civia & Co-Motion are taken of pages in the binder, because I can't find those digital photos at this time).

(I'm not sure why some of the attachments aren't showing, but if you click on them, you can see the photo.)

Please PM me if you [have] see[n] any of these. Thanks!

Dursley Pedersen Replica
Attachment 1697995335

Moots Mooto-X YBB 10th Anniversary
Attachment 1697995993

Custom Carl Strong
Strong.jpg

Renovo Elwood
Attachment 1697995340

Felt DA
Felt DA.jpg

Spectrum Ti Frameset
Spectrum - Edited.jpg

Geliano Frameset
Geliano.JPG

NOS DuraAce Carbon Crankset
DA Carbon.jpg

Co-Motion Periscope Tandem
Co-Motion2 (1).jpg

Civia Loring

Civia2 (1).jpg

IF Corvid Frameset
s-l1600.jpg

IF Integrated BarStem

Last edited by ORMojo; 10-11-2020 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-11-2020, 06:44 PM

Oh that really sucks. So sorry for you. That's quite a collection.

All of my bikes and parts are in our basement. Good neighborhood and have a monitored alarm with door/window sensors, glass breaks and cameras. That said, anything can happen anywhere. Also have experience with identified perp (attempted running me off the road) and nothing can be done.

Mostly wanted to say I'm sorry for you and understand (kinda, I'd still be shelled). I'll keep a lookout as I'm on the webs daily for frames and parts.
Old 10-11-2020, 09:35 PM

This STRONG has been in ebay for awhile. You didn't say when theft occurred but you did say bike was unique.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274385510304
Old 10-11-2020, 09:53 PM

You know the perp. That must be a hell of a story. Hope the Arc of Justice bends your way.
Old 10-11-2020, 09:55 PM

Same seller has an If Corvid frameset listed
Old 10-11-2020, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORMojo View Post
Mods - I thought there was a sticky for stolen bikes, but I don't see it. Feel free to merge if I missed it....

Merged.

No problem, you can find the sticky for this thread by clicking on the "Resource Page" sticky at the top of the GD area...and every also in every discussion area of the forum.

W.
Old 10-11-2020, 10:01 PM

Man, that really sucks. It like the seller of the Strong is also selling the IF Corvid:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-NOS-IN...EAAOSwvpVcGQ5l

The seller's name is interesting—"timebehindbars." There may be other items there—the seller has over 80 pages of things for sale. Hope you're able to recover everything.
Old 10-11-2020, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merckxman View Post
This STRONG has been in ebay for awhile. You didn't say when theft occurred but you did say bike was unique.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274385510304
Interesting. Yeah, I haven't scoured the listings for all of the missing items for a while - just been too busy, and attorney & law enforcement are supposed to be on the job.

I'm wondering if it made it all the way to Pennsylvania directly from the person that stole it here in Oregon, or if there was an intermediate owner. The current seller's name made me laugh given the circumstances: "timebehindbars"

The IF Corvid they have listed could also be mine. And a few components match with ones I had. I need to spend more time scanning their listings - between current and sold listings there are almost 6,000 items.

I'll contact them and find out what I can learn. Thanks!
Old 10-12-2020, 08:26 AM

More contact info for timebehindbars :
https://m.facebook.com/pg/TimeBehindBars/about/
Old 10-12-2020, 08:58 AM

so the perp cannot be named?
Old 10-12-2020, 09:17 AM
'97 Ti Legend

Sent you a PM with some info on that business owner here in PA. Don't want to dox any one on a public site. I imagine that I am not alone in wanting to hear the whole story when you are able to share it. Sounds crazy.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:23 AM
Administrator

ORMojo -- I hope you are able to retrieve at least some of you more prized items.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZRM View Post
Sent you a PM with some info on that business owner here in PA. Don't want to dox any one on a public site. I imagine that I am not alone in wanting to hear the whole story when you are able to share it. Sounds crazy.
Well put. I’ve seen that seller for quite some time now. I interpreted the seller’s name as a double entendre (“handlebar”)

More importantly, as DRZRM noted, there is such a thing as libel. Even in this tiny, remote little corner of the world:

https://injury.findlaw.com/torts-and...d-to-know.html
Old 10-12-2020, 09:49 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORMojo View Post

(I'm not sure why some of the attachments aren't showing, but if you click on them, you can see the photo.)
On my phone I just see the links. From my home computer using Safari I see all the photos. Man, I hope you can get some or all of your gear back....and the perp gets what's deserved.

W.