Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-19-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
Too bad that the real best player on the 3rd best team in the West, a super-legit primary o and d option, isn't available.

Some of the other votes, especially the player votes as well as the discrepancies between fans/players/media votes (Manu ), are quite interesting:

You'll note that Draymond and Manu both are propped up by a big fan vote while being in the 7s and 8s for media and player votes. I think the media vote is interesting because those folks see every team up close and usually know what they are looking at. The player vote is really really interesting because that's who guys don't want to guard or box out or have guarding them.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:41 PM

.... ..

Last edited by cadence90; 07-21-2018 at 12:17 AM.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:28 PM

OK, so I think I'm ready to go with Toronto as a tentative Eastern Conference favorite pending the trade deadline. The Cavs are actively setting themselves on fire, wasting an MVP level offensive effort from LeBron, and the Celtics seem to have hit a wall of sorts.

Also, when did KD become so surly? One ejection in his previous 10 years, 4 in this year alone.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:39 PM

Heh heh. Raptors fan here. My prediction? Golden State over Toronto in 5 to win the title.

You heard it here first...
Old 01-24-2018, 08:14 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybee View Post
OK, so I think I'm ready to go with Toronto as a tentative Eastern Conference favorite pending the trade deadline. The Cavs are actively setting themselves on fire, wasting an MVP level offensive effort from LeBron, and the Celtics seem to have hit a wall of sorts.

Also, when did KD become so surly? One ejection in his previous 10 years, 4 in this year alone.
I watched the live NBCBA broadcast. It looked like he got pissed over a foul that didn't happen and since it was so close to the end of the game he just went off. Some of the commentators even said KD will do it if that's the case- end of game and warranted.

The game last night was rough and a bunch of fouls weren't called. I think there are serious problems in reffing right now. Hopefully they can fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
Heh heh. Raptors fan here. My prediction? Golden State over Toronto in 5 to win the title.

You heard it here first...
I could see it. Them or the Celtics. Both have been great. And if Hayward comes back this year, the C's are going to be tough.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:39 AM

I'd be so happy if the Raptors made the finals. The Cavs drama is boring as all hell. It feels more and more likely that LeBron will leave, which will make for a fun off season again.

I also kind of like that the Cs are struggling a little. They're starting a rookie and a second year player. It's crazy to me that we forget that. AND their (arguably) best player is missing.

Let the Raps have this year, then the Cs, Philly, Bucks (assuming they get a good coach) can have a few years of fun.

The early start to the season has me a bit tired of everything at the moment...was looking forward to tuning out for a little leading up to all-star then realized the trade deadline drama is still to come.
Might take a break in March.
Old 01-25-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales guy View Post
I watched the live NBCBA broadcast. It looked like he got pissed over a foul that didn't happen and since it was so close to the end of the game he just went off. Some of the commentators even said KD will do it if that's the case- end of game and warranted.

The game last night was rough and a bunch of fouls weren't called. I think there are serious problems in reffing right now. Hopefully they can fix it.

I could see it. Them or the Celtics. Both have been great. And if Hayward comes back this year, the C's are going to be tough.

I'm almost always on the side of the players, but I think the referees may have a point here. Every single call/non-call is met with bitching and moaning from every player and the refs are people. They are top-of-their-job professionals who frankly, put up with way more than most people would but they still have their breaking point. I don't blame them for trying to establish a little order on the court when they are blatantly being shown up. I don't need Joey Crawford level game ownership and theatrics from the refs, but I'd also like to see just one or two players get up after a block/charge 50-50 judgement call and just go to the other side of the court.

The idea that KD can afford to take an ejection when the game is in hand to highlight his greivances is pretty shortsighted. He's got 10 techs on the year, Draymond has 12. 16 is an auto-suspension.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:28 PM

Super sad about Boogie.

We were sitting watching the game and I'd just finished telling my wife how awesome it is that he and AD were playing well and that the Pellies were fun to watch.

Just sucks so much.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myth_jimmy View Post
Super sad about Boogie.

We were sitting watching the game and I'd just finished telling my wife how awesome it is that he and AD were playing well and that the Pellies were fun to watch.

Just sucks so much.

I was just saying how the Pelicans are my dark horse team and I loved how they are kind of the antithesis of the Houston model and then bam. Poor guy. Going to make for a less interesting western conference for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2018, 10:02 PM
Vendor

DUUUUUUUDE!!!

The Golden State / Boston game was awesome! Curry had 49 points. Great to see the leagues 2 top teams battle it out.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales guy View Post
DUUUUUUUDE!!!

The Golden State / Boston game was awesome! Curry had 49 points. Great to see the leagues 2 top teams battle it out.

One of the better games I’ve seen this year. Too bad my C’s lost but at least we split the season series. Shows that this potential finals match will be more competitive than people think. Irving was incredible but Steph is Steph. Great game.

Old 01-27-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelicoln View Post
One of the better games I’ve seen this year. Too bad my C’s lost but at least we split the season series. Shows that this potential finals match will be more competitive than people think. Irving was incredible but Steph is Steph. Great game.

Where are the Celtics going to get points? Tatum's hit the rookie wall, Horford can't create for himself and Kyrie can't go 13-17 every night.

Way they're playing right now, I dunno how they even get out of the East. But I think you can say that about every East team.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
Where are the Celtics going to get points? Tatum's hit the rookie wall, Horford can't create for himself and Kyrie can't go 13-17 every night.

Way they're playing right now, I dunno how they even get out of the East. But I think you can say that about every East team.

Agree they’re in a bit of a mid season funk. Tatum is ice cold but I think he will bounce back. Maybe Hayward comes back

Old 01-27-2018, 10:26 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelicoln View Post
Agree they’re in a bit of a mid season funk. Tatum is ice cold but I think he will bounce back. Maybe Hayward comes back

They said at the start of the game GH was practicing already. They were saying he WONT be back playing this season but he is practicing. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays limited minutes in March.

I thing the Celtics have the biggest chance of a finals spot than anyone. Irving is stepping up huge every game. He's pushing the rest fo the guys to step up too. Tonight, the Warriors were just too much for them but barely. If they had the 3's dropping, it would've been a 20 point difference.

Steph is gonna Steph. And damn is it fun to watch.
Old 01-28-2018, 05:55 AM
Adam/SerottaFan

How ‘bout those Pistons...