Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
Ok... so what should they do? Just keep selling the same crap and close a few years from now?

Like someone said, do something bridgestone inspired in 650b or.....
Dont do a tandem that everyone knows will not sell and say, if we get x amount of orders we good otherwise we not doing it (a freaking wastw of time and money to prototype something not a lot of people are interested in)
Maybe? I'm not convinced making major changes in the product line would make a major difference in today's bicycle business. It's just hard out there right now in Amazing World for everybody, and they could end up losing core customers instead of gaining new ones. What's the point of there being a Rivendell if it looks like Not Rivendell?

The tandems are selling, that's why they're building more batches than they'd planned.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:34 PM

True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Remi View Post
Maybe? I'm not convinced making major changes in the product line would make a major difference in today's bicycle business. It's just hard out there right now in Amazing World for everybody, and they could end up losing core customers instead of gaining new ones. What's the point of there being a Rivendell if it looks like Not Rivendell?

The tandems are selling, that's why they're building more batches than they'd planned.
I agree, it is tough out there for sure. To your point about losing customers and changing, in the blog Rivendell says they would lose customers if they sold modern bike alongside the old line.

Would Rivendell lose you as a customer if they sold modern bikes and gear alongside the old stuff?
Old 01-10-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
I agree, it is tough out there for sure. To your point about losing customers and changing, in the blog Rivendell says they would lose customers if they sold modern bike alongside the old line.

Would Rivendell lose you as a customer if they sold modern bikes and gear alongside the old stuff?
He stated it as "instead", not "alongside", so I can't answer a hypothetical GP didn't present.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:42 PM

Right

Quote:
He stated it as "instead", not "alongside", so I can't answer a hypothetical GP didn't present.
Well, offering modern components as you stated earlier, which is a good idea, would Rivendell lose you as a customer if they offered modern components along with their frames?
Old 01-10-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Well, offering modern components as you stated earlier, which is a good idea, would Rivendell lose you as a customer if they offered modern components along with their frames?
As I've started earlier, any Riv frame can be ordered with any part that will fit through QBP. As I've also stated earlier the company isn't focused on offering modern/clicky drivetrains separately cuz they know you can get it cheaper somewhere else.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:35 PM

wow ! that may be the greatest non answer ive ever heard !!!
Old 01-10-2019, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinkozmo View Post
wow ! that may be the greatest non answer ive ever heard !!!
I find it boring to repeat myself. If I've stated that my favorite Riv builds lately are the 1x11/12's Analog Cycles are doing, then you already know the answer.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:56 PM

True

Quote:
As I've started earlier, any Riv frame can be ordered with any part that will fit through QBP. As I've also stated earlier the company isn't focused on offering modern/clicky drivetrains separately cuz they know you can get it cheaper somewhere else.
But you posted earlier how you annoyed them about disc brakes, they could make that an option on some feames. As a Rivendell customer would you still buy from them if they offered disc compatible frames and do you think other loyal Rivendell customers would stay or leave them because of it?
Old 01-10-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
But you posted earlier how you annoyed them about disc brakes, they could make that an option on some feames. As a Rivendell customer would you still buy from them if they offered disc compatible frames and do you think other loyal Rivendell customers would stay or leave them because of it?
Really? You want to know if I would buy a bike from Riv I've asked them to build. Come on, man.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:04 PM
Boeuf Chaîne

Quote:
I find it boring to repeat myself. If I've stated that my favorite Riv builds lately are the 1x11/12's Analog Cycles are doing, then you already know the answer.
Joe, my $0.02 is let it go. This is one discussion that could go on forever.

(Unless you actually enjoy doing this, in which case, go for it.)

Old 01-10-2019, 06:08 PM

The Line

Quote:
Really? You want to know if I would buy a bike from Riv I've asked them to build. Come on, man.
Rivendell is under the impression that if they deviate from what they did last year that they would lose past clients.

Do you think they could change some offerings and keep your patronage?
Old 01-10-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Rivendell is under the impression that if they deviate from what they did last year that they would lose past clients.

Do you think they could change some offerings and keep your patronage?
Yes. I just don't think they're asking for my opinion on how to run the business.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis View Post
Joe, my $0.02 is let it go. This is one discussion that could go on forever.

(Unless you actually enjoy doing this, in which case, go for it.)

Eh, it's this or idiots on Twitter bleating about some stupid wall. Tough choice!
Old 01-10-2019, 06:16 PM

Thank You

Quote:
Yes. I just don't think they're asking for my opinion on how to run the business.
They should value their customers opinions and even I agree with some of your ideas.

So they are wrong that change would lose at least you as a customer. It's as if they have locked themselves into an unnecessary corner based on an assumption that their customers want them to be that way.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:18 PM

I get the feeling they-Riv are not interested in anyone's opinion but their own, but I could be wrong.

Have they done a survey of their loyal customers? There's a lot to be gleaned from asking some of the questions posed here. Just sayin. No idea if they've already done this.
Closed Thread