Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Production Bikes

Old 06-14-2019, 11:41 AM
ZhugeLiang

When in doubt...put more sealant.

Steve pal, I like your new bike. When I was having leaky problems with my kenda tires a few months ago before the New Mexico trip, I simply put more sealant in. I know it's not the best solution but I haven't had any air leaks since then. I have yet to have the need to inflate the tires since I got back from the trip, and that's almost four months ago!
Old 06-16-2019, 10:33 PM
ZhugeLiang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAv_eaL-v5g
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fat.jpg (113.1 KB, 148 views)
Old 06-17-2019, 08:16 AM

butt'r.
I like it, especially the sequences cruising past riders with adorably skinny tires.

Admittedly, the Lauf True Grit has borderline quaint tires at just 42mm as I have it, but the bike as a system works exceedingly well for gravel. I took it on a varied gravel ride yesterday, many miles with everything from smooth to rumbly to rutted and then some extended climbing at the end. Usually that sort of thing has me aching at the end, but I was feeling rather fresh after it all. The fork is really doing something even though it's not doing a lot at any moment. And the wheels can be let to roll a little more in the rough. The bike can tick away the road transfer miles nicely as well. Good stuff.

Instagram
Old 06-28-2019, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
When in doubt...put more sealant.

Steve pal, I like your new bike. When I was having leaky problems with my kenda tires a few months ago before the New Mexico trip, I simply put more sealant in.
Sound advice Weisan. I added a bit more, shook up the wheel and let it sit for a few days. The tire seems to be sealed and holding. Why is 3 ounces better than 2??? Though a part of my brain still thinks the tire is going soft at times even though it actually is not, crazy brain.

I'm digging this bike. A tire swap, slick or knobby, change the personality of it, but it always fun to ride. It feels efficient and smooth. Not a capable as a mtb or as fast as a road bike but definitely fun doing whatever. Good mojo.

Instagram
Old 07-07-2019, 08:04 PM

I was with Hilltopper when he test rode the True Grit, and wish I had done so as well. I was just too spent. I have to say the fork looks much nicer than the original Lauf fork—much less offset. I bet it’s a blast to ride.