Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-05-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr59 View Post
I’m not a runner at all. Never have been.

But I’m wondering if this type of tech filters down into other sports shoes. Like let’s say basketball where Nike controls the market, more or less. Springs in the shoes....hmm...like Morris Blackman said, It must be the shoes...
I think it may be the other way around. I worked on some promo material for the launch of a Nike Brand basketball shoe a few years ago, here's a still from a video, but the visual motion emphasis was on "energy release".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AJXX8.jpg (46.4 KB, 117 views)
Old 11-08-2019, 08:20 AM
Classics Fan

I have wide feet. The selection of most nike varieties in a wide fit option is very limited. Every once in a while I'll see a Nike style that looks good, and invariably I look on their site and A) there is no wide option or B) they're selling a really cool looking version of the shoe in a wide version, but only in the Norwegian market....
Old 11-08-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 122294m040 View Post
I haven't had a chance to try the vaporfly but I do love the Pegasus. I've tried Asics and Mizuno and Adidas my favorite are definitely the nike Pegasus. But this was a couple of years back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Second this for the Pegasus. I have wider feet, so I can't do these up too snug, but in terms of comfort I think they rival Asics now, which were my go to for a decade. Still love my Asics but the Pegs are great, too, and lighter.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpotatoe View Post
Mee too..tired of riding right now. I miss the ease of running..shoes, shorts, tshirt-go run. Ran with the first and second gen Brooks(Vantage and Vantage Supreme), tried NB, Saucony(nope)..had some NIKE..finished with Asics somethng...2 pair, alternated. BUT heels, achilles tendons, LH knee..no mas..
Not tired of riding right now (and the snow/cold have put road riding on hiatus anyhow) but do miss the simplicity and the movement -- and cruising on trails. But no knee cartilage both L&R makes running a nonstarter for me. But life goes on and I'm thankful for the things I can still do at 65 -- like the other day in the gym when someone about 20 years younger than me saw me doing hex bar deadlifts, and asked "how much weight is that?" When I told him he shook his head and said "and you're not exactly the youngest guy here...." I took that as a compliment. and didn't tell him I was working hard to delay replacement surgery.

Ok, drift over. Back to fancy shoe talk.
Old 11-09-2019, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
road runner sports.

i was able to stack a few discounts today and had some built up rewards credit there. out the door for about 160 today on these for me.

no doubt, they are expensive.

they are also quite lightweight, with minimal rubber at the bottom to keep the weight down, so i dont expect them to last forever.
Brooks aren't that much cheaper.