Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-20-2018, 02:03 PM

I've never heard of them being made by anyone but the factory in longmont colorado. at least the ones i have. the newer ones were made in asia. my titanium frame cracked at the bottom bracket. but i loaned it to someone and it cracked when he used it. but I've never heard over tons of problems. my filet welded steel one is really nice.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kontact View Post
Ah. I thought Aaron was musing that the OP's 1 1/8" frame in 1998 wouldn't have had a fork available to use.
Yes, exactly. Sorry I wasn't clear there. Couldn't think of a road fork available in 1-1/8" before about 2001-2002.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cribbit View Post
If this headtube was swapped they did it perfectly cleanly and without reducing the top tube length.
I've seen several very well executed headtube swaps. And don't forget the incoming headtube diameter is larger which means you have half the difference to work with (removal/re-mitering of TT and DT) to keep TT c-t-c identical.

And agree with posts above that everything I've seen and heard, all of the pre-2000 titanium frames -and custom/high end steel and aluminum too, think Saturn- were Longmont bikes by Forrest Yelverton, David Tiemeyer, and small crew. Not exaclty sure when Longmont was ultimately shuttered and/or Tiemeyer went on his own.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:50 PM

I really have a had time understanding why anyone would bother replacing their inch head tube. There is no lack of competently executed 1" forks.