Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-17-2018, 08:56 PM

.... ..

Last edited by cadence90; 07-21-2018 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:32 PM

41 points.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:41 PM

.... ..

Last edited by cadence90; 07-21-2018 at 12:09 AM.
Old 05-20-2018, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence90 View Post
Amazing, but can we get at least one game in either series that doesn't end with an almost 41 point difference?

And, OK, we know that defense isn't really James Harden's forte, but what Livingston did to him with that behind-the-back jaunt to the dunk-hoop was just criminal.
I’ll admit to feeling very nervous watching Curry continue to struggle through the first half, but so happy to see him regain his mojo in the third. Houston missed all kinds of easy looks, so I’m still plenty nervous. Harden jogging up the floor on defense was not a good look however...

My favorite site for NBA analysis: https://www.youtube.com/user/bballbreakdown
Old 05-20-2018, 09:54 PM

Why Houston went away from the “let’s screen til we get Curry on Harden iso” amazes me. It worked so well in the 1Qtr. Does anyone why they stopped it.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:01 PM

that game was fantastic to watch. after that kind of performance they deserve to win and win by an whopping 41 points! and they set a new record for most home playoff wins beating my bulls.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joosttx View Post
Why Houston went away from the “let’s screen til we get Curry on Harden iso” amazes me. It worked so well in the 1Qtr. Does anyone why they stopped it.
Mike D’Antoni annoys me, so hopefully the blame is on him. I’ll let my YouTube guru explain it to me.

It was hard to see Curry become the weak link, so just happy to seem him breakout of the rut he was in.

Harden jogging up the floor on defense sure would annoy me as a Houston fan...
Old 05-20-2018, 10:05 PM

i hope they can keep it up. a series of boston and golden state would be more fun to watch than against the cavaliers.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Mike D’Antoni annoys me, so hopefully the blame is on him. I’ll let my YouTube guru explain it to me.

It was hard to see Curry become the weak link, so just happy to seem him breakout of the rut he was in.

Harden jogging up the floor on defense sure would annoy me as a Houston fan...
Curry is the weak link if Houston plays the iso ball which they gave up after Harden with went out somewhere in the 2nd or first 1st qtr. Houston is the greatest one trick pony I have ever seen.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Houston is the greatest one trick pony I have ever seen.
Which is why they really don’t deserve to win, even though I understand rooting against a team as stacked with talent as Golden State.
Old 05-20-2018, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Which is why they really don’t deserve to win, even though I understand rooting against a team as stacked with talent as Golden State.
Many teams have tried to be the dream team. I have not seen any other team stacked so much other than 1) Bulls w/ MJ, SP, DR, et.al 2) Boston mid 80's and 3) Lakers mid 80's. Were the Koby/Shaq teams this strong?

My point is it takes a lot of sacrifice from those who dont need to sacrifice to be as great as the Warriors. I think this will be Lebron's greatest criticism in the future. 1) that he could not align with a great coach 2) he could not draw great players to be on his team.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Many teams have tried to be the dream team. I have not seen any other team stacked so much other than 1) Bulls w/ MJ, SP, DR, et.al 2) Boston mid 80's and 3) Lakers mid 80's. Were the Koby/Shaq teams this strong?

My point is it takes a lot of sacrifice from those who dont need to sacrifice to be as great as the Warriors. I think this will be Lebron's greatest criticism in the future. 1) that he could not align with a great coach 2) he could not draw great players to be on his team.
I question point #2, didn’t LeBron attract Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade to Miami to make up The Big Three?! They did go to the NBA finals all four years and won back to back championships in 2012 and 2013.

People criticize the Warriors for landing KD and building a super team. But that Miami Heat team with LeBron, DWade and Chris Bosh, did it first! Good Luck!
Old 05-21-2018, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfd View Post
I question point #2, didn’t LeBron attract Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade to Miami to make up The Big Three?! They did go to the NBA finals all four years and won back to back championships in 2012 and 2013.

People criticize the Warriors for landing KD and building a super team. But that Miami Heat team with LeBron, DWade and Chris Bosh, did it first! Good Luck!

I would not consider Chris Bosh as an elite player as he was marketed to be. He may of been a pinch better than Kevin Love but maybe not. And as I recall Lebron came to Miami where D-wade was. Did Lebron attract D-wade or was it the other way around?
Old 05-21-2018, 12:19 AM

Quote:
I would not consider Chris Bosh as an elite player as he was marketed to be. He may of been a pinch better than Kevin Love but maybe not. And as I recall Lebron came to Miami where D-wade was. Did Lebron attract D-wade or was it the other way around?
I don't know who attracted who, but I do remember LeBron's big TV thing called The Decision! Lol, ESPN really tried to hype it up, what a joke!

Good Luck!
Old 05-21-2018, 12:24 AM

.... ..

Last edited by cadence90; 07-21-2018 at 12:10 AM.