Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-16-2018, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

I know you have your rainbow vacuum .

We've got a couple of these Honeywell filters https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-502...l+air+purifier

We've had them for years initially when our son had problems with bad allergies. They work really well and will keep a good sized room pretty clean. We used them in our bedrooms last summer when the smoke was bad here. I fact we bought one for our daughter, our son already had his. The filters last forever.

Our furnace system had MERV 9 filters and last summer I switched to MERV 13 filters.We run just the fan when the smoke is really bad. Our system can't handle a true HEPA filter as the fan isn't powerful enough.

I think smoke from forest fires is going to become more of the new normal in the west
Old 11-16-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
I know you have your rainbow vacuum .

We've got a couple of these Honeywell filters https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-502...l+air+purifier

We've had them for years initially when our son had problems with bad allergies. They work really well and will keep a good sized room pretty clean. We used them in our bedrooms last summer when the smoke was bad here. I fact we bought one for our daughter, our son already had his. The filters last forever.

Our furnace system had MERV 9 filters and last summer I switched to MERV 13 filters.We run just the fan when the smoke is really bad. Our system can't handle a true HEPA filter as the fan isn't powerful enough.

I think smoke from forest fires is going to become more of the new normal in the west
You can just keep the furnace fan permanently on, they really don't use much power, otherwise you limit the utility of the MERV filters-- advice from the HVAC guys when they came out for our annual system checkup.