Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Old 11-25-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickdoc View Post
been watching this one on insta....so good! Lots of heart and soul into this one. I want to know how a ss fork feels to ride.
heart and Seoul.
OP if you get across to Japan give me a shout and we can have a Kirk bike meet up somewhere.

Looking forward to seeing all your pictures when it gets done. That fork is friggin gorgeous.
Old 11-25-2020, 11:51 AM

You are going to love your Kirk. My MRB with terraplane stays (that I got from Clean39t) is getting the most use of all my bikes the last few months. It makes me smile every time I ride it. With a steel frame and fork, I'm definitely an outlier on any group ride, but that hasn't stopped me from dropping the group on climbs.
Old 11-25-2020, 08:25 PM
#BikeMafia

Sitting at BikesMakeMeHappy...Hacheon Park’s shop. If you look in the background, that’s a No22 (he’s the only Korea dealer). Rode with him when he came out to the states to visit J(ay)B(ee) a few years back.

He also built the Pronto that was sold on eBay and ended up in S. Korea. Makes me think that we may need to rekindle a Tour de Finger Lakes (for you old forumites) but in Korea (a burgeoning hot bed of custom frames).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaewoo.kim.88 View Post
Actually the bike shop that will build my bike has a Pegoretti-painted Kirk JKS on display (its second owner lives in Seoul). So the “first in Korea” credit goes to that one / him... Mine would be Kirk No. 2 in the country while Dave will be sending a frame here himself for the first time. I can’t wait to bump into the Kirkoretti(?) owner and talk bikes, especially Kirk bikes.

Old 11-25-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavic1010 View Post
Sitting at BikesMakeMeHappy...Hacheon Park’s shop. If you look in the background, that’s a No22 (he’s the only Korea dealer). Rode with him when he came out to the states to visit J(ay)B(ee) a few years back.

He also built the Pronto that was sold on eBay and ended up in S. Korea. Makes me think that we may need to rekindle a Tour de Finger Lakes (for you old forumites) but in Korea (a burgeoning hot bed of custom frames).....
I travelled to Seoul in 2016 to open the Rapha store when I still worked there. The Rapha customers out there were incredibly enthusiastic about the brand - checking out what was happening while we built out the store every single day I was there. They were super friendly. But the best thing was they had the most awesome bikes I’d seen in a while. Nothing ordinary or stock, all absolute super bikes or very cool customs. Meticulously maintained and they were all well thought out builds. None of them were vanity bikes though. These men and women rode those bikes hard.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:48 PM

I follow Bikes make Me Happy on Instagram. They build up some great bikes.

It's nice to see bikes in smaller sizes to get inspiration for us vertically challenged.
Old 11-25-2020, 11:49 PM

Kirk Onesto Fillet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bici-Sonora View Post
You are going to love your Kirk. My MRB with terraplane stays (that I got from Clean39t) is getting the most use of all my bikes the last few months. It makes me smile every time I ride it. With a steel frame and fork, I'm definitely an outlier on any group ride, but that hasn't stopped me from dropping the group on climbs.

I happen to think your MRB is one of the cleanest builds (pun intended) on this forum. Love the subdued, deep blue of yours in contrast to the tan sidewalls.
Old 11-26-2020, 12:00 AM

Quote:

They recently started taking orders for Richard Sachs with a few deposits already secured (including the Kirkoretti’s current owner). The shop and the people there just radiate “cool.”
Old 11-26-2020, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbrwn View Post
I travelled to Seoul in 2016 to open the Rapha store when I still worked there. The Rapha customers out there were incredibly enthusiastic about the brand - checking out what was happening while we built out the store every single day I was there. They were super friendly. But the best thing was they had the most awesome bikes I’d seen in a while. Nothing ordinary or stock, all absolute super bikes or very cool customs. Meticulously maintained and they were all well thought out builds. None of them were vanity bikes though. These men and women rode those bikes hard.

That same store you opened (in Sinsa area, south of the Han River) is the go-to coffee / hangout spot for all riders and cycling enthusiasts, not just Rapha customers. So thank you.
Old 11-29-2020, 01:32 AM

How are you! Hyung!

Quote:

How are you! Hyung!

Stay safe :-)

Last edited by HacheonPark; 11-29-2020 at 04:34 AM.
Old 11-29-2020, 06:04 AM
welookgood

Dave is the man!
Old 12-01-2020, 09:36 PM

Getting there. Thanks again Dave.

Old 12-02-2020, 06:08 AM

^^^Wow that is so elegant and perfect! Very excited for you ^^^
Old 12-02-2020, 06:54 AM

Beautiful.. + those old Mavic *silver Ceramic hoops look great sitting on there!
Old 12-02-2020, 08:10 PM

Kirk Onesto Fillet

Dave already posted these under “Builder Spotlights” but a frame this beautiful always deserves a repost.

Wondering how Bora WTO 60s + tan sidewalls attached to this would look...

Last edited by jaewoo.kim.88; 12-02-2020 at 08:39 PM.
Old 12-02-2020, 09:21 PM

Wow. That is amazing and clean and I'm looking forward to the build!