Builder's Spotlight The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > Image Gallery > Custom Bikes

Old 04-28-2018, 06:40 PM
Annoyed

Fowler Pink & Purple 653/753 Road Bike

Bought the frameset on here because I couldn't resist the colors.
Didn't buy anything for it except the wheels and tires. My pink and purple parts bin runs deep. I'll have to get better pictures when I actually ride it somewhere.

Here's all the info I have on it-
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewsmith View Post
This one stings, as it's one of the prettiest frames to come into my possession. Unfortunately, my wife's legs are just a little too short for a proper fit, and this frame deserves to be ridden by someone who will build it up and appreciate it.

I purchased the frame directly from the builder, Tracy Fowler. A mechanical engineer by trade, he built a number of frames for himself, his wife and riders in the Denver area back in the early-mid 90's (about 100 total according to him). I was lucky enough to talk with him for a good bit about his building techniques and see all of his personal bikes in his shop, and the quality of his work is as good as I have seen. Somehow or another, this frame made it back to him after the original owner got out of cycling, and he checked the alignment, RD hanger, threads etc before passing it on to me. Everything checked out perfect.

This particular frame was built for a 5'6" rider with slightly longer legs than torso (hence the poor fit for my wife....). The main triangle is built with Henry James lugs, Reynolds 653 tubing and has a very slightly sloping tt (2°). The fork blades are also 653 with a Cinelli fork crown and Columbus dropouts. The rear triangle is Reynolds 753, also with Columbus dropouts.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:55 PM
Lanterne rouge

That turned out super. Love it.
Old 04-29-2018, 09:25 AM

it reminds me of a Mercian. cool bike, not so into the big blue pieces of foam, but who cares, it looks rad
Old 02-19-2019, 11:11 AM
Annoyed

Current state of the purple nurple, with 650b wheels. Not sure where the picture in the first post went to.

Sorry for the huge unresizeable picture. posting photos here is harder than any other forum i've ever used

Last edited by bward1028; 02-19-2019 at 11:15 AM.