Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-17-2018, 08:42 AM

my pro team training jacket is my go-to for between 35-50 degrees, so, basically all winter here. I had to size up from the 'classic' line of jerseys though.
Old 02-17-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .RJ View Post
I have an older Rapha rain jacket, probably about 5-6 years old now, that's lost its ability to keep water out for the most part. I've washed and re-treated it several times over the years, and I think it's best to relegate it to use as a wind jacket and pick up a new one.

The 'core' line of rain jackets are on sale - https://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/shop/c...roduct/CRR01XX - has anyone used them? I like the red color, I feel like I've got a little more visibility in the rain on the road. I ordered one of the 'core' long sleeve jerseys a while back and really did not like it, it felt cheap and didnt fit all that well compared to the jerseys I already owned.

Search and State S1J jacket. Yeah, it's too expensive. But if you want a great breathable superlight pocket-friendly jacket, it's pretty great performance-wise, the Schoeller fabric is as good as it gets for breathable material. Only comes in drab darkish colors though. I've used mine for 4 seasons now, realistically using it only a few times a month on average but it's holding up well- though I tend to "wash" it with a simple occasional hand rinse with a minimal amount of woolite. Here's a review, FWIW-- consider the source. But I like it too.

Edit: the "fits true to size" comment in the review is a lie. Order a size larger. I'm 5'10" 170 and almost all my cycling tops and bottoms are M, but the L jacket is a comfortable race-fit snug.

https://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear...eek-and-sturdy

Last edited by zennmotion; 02-17-2018 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:45 PM

Yes the S&S S1-J jacket is the best. Got mine on the cheap off ebay, but after owning one I'd pay full price if i had to replace.