Know the rules The Paceline Forum Builder's Spotlight

Go Back   The Paceline Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-18-2018, 05:33 PM
cnighbor2

PayPal

any one used PayPal resolution successfully?
I got a Campagnolo chorus Ti Seatpost 27.2mm used from Italy It arrived is condition I saw on photos but had a very shallow dent in the middle which I didn't see in the photos
So after asking seller to refund my costs and I would return it he claims if you really looked at photos you would have know it was there. But no mention of dent is his description
So I used PayPal resolution. I am waiting for that to move thru its various stages
but has any one used PayPal resolution successfully?

Last edited by cnighbor1; 02-18-2018 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:39 PM

I have but it has been many, many years. If memory serves me correctly when you file a resolution claim it freezes the funds until it is solved. The seller has to show sufficient evidence on their end. PayPal seems to be more on the side of the buyer in most cases.

Last edited by msl819; 02-18-2018 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 05:49 PM

+1 on the above.
But I am not sure sure about paypal siding with the buyer. If the pic does indeed show a dent, then it is going to be too close to call.

I once bought a garmin HR monitor on ebay. I received it but the whole HR monitor (watch + the HR strap + box) reeked of cigarette smoke. I could not wear either the watch nor the HR strap without going nuts over the smell. I filed a case with ebay/paypal. They sided with the seller. They did not give me any reason why they sided with him.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:08 PM

Used it once for a watch purchase about 10 years ago. The watch was, on the surface, a Seiko Kinetic. Someone took the guts out and replaced them with a battery-powered, generic movement.

I had to furnish photos, and go to a watch shop to have it opened up for this. I got my money back. It did take awhile (maybe a month? can't recall exactly). Patience is helpful with the process.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:14 PM

Depends on the description I believe. If it states that it is an “as is” sale and to review all photos carefully then the seller is in the right. If it says things like perfect condition or mint then eBay is much more likely to side with the buyer.